Roof of mouth colour?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Nikita my bengal has a black spot on the roof of her mouth as well. I think it's common in tabbies of all sorts.
Harley is a black/brown tabby & he has a black spot on the roof of his mouth, I love it

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by longroad

He is black and vet visit is booked for next week.
He has been drinking tons of water the past few weeks, Im rather worried as he is a tad overweight, I hope its not kidney problems or something. He's only 1.5 years old.

I'll let you know how it goes, thanks all
Is there another vet that can see him sooner? He could also be diabetic as well. Please do have him seen.

AS for the mouth, also have the vet look at it. My calico's mouth is all pink but my two black cats have black spots/patches on the roof of their mouths and the vets aren't concerned at present.

Good luck with your sweetheart.

kalrati prince

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it's normal my cat has black under the front part of his pallet(near his upper gums behind the teeth)He is solid black except a white patch under his tummy. I noticed lots of dogs of multi color and dark had this. even as a kid I would ask the silly question about why the inside of a dog's mouth is different colors. cats and dogs have motted skin by mother nature to camouflage them from danger in the wild. the pallet is just a bit of side effect, you;ll also notice your black cat has black toes and a black nose, if he doesn't that would be remarkable. my other black cat got a thyroid condition and caused his black toes to go pink. I would say if the color in his mouth changes to pink you might wonder why, the black is not anything to worry about.