Romeo Romeo 💜

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone,
My little Romeo is just traumatizing my sweet Bella. Bella is a stray I took in and now she has a home with me. My resident cats are separated from her by a screen over her door. My Romeo will take off running from the living room and pounce on her screen and he does it all the time, we go back and forth in time out, telling him no, etc. I just want sweet Bella to feel at home and he is not helping. Any advice would be great and welcomed.
Is this the face of a meany lol. Thanks in advance

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
No of course not. That is the face of a complete innocent. :rolleyes: Is everyone fixed? How long have you had Bella? When you say screen over her door you mean a screen door? How large is her room? Are there hidey places in her room or boxes where she feels safe? Sorry to ask so many questions just trying to get the whole picture here. Wondering if some sort of curtain behind the screen might help or, perhaps it is all just a matter of patience.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No of course not. That is the face of a complete innocent. :rolleyes: Is everyone fixed? How long have you had Bella? When you say screen over her door you mean a screen door? How large is her room? Are there hidey places in her room or boxes where she feels safe? Sorry to ask so many questions just trying to get the whole picture here. Wondering if some sort of curtain behind the screen might help or, perhaps it is all just a matter of patience.
All in the house are fixed, I have had Bella since December and she is in my spare bedroom. The screen door is like one of those things that zip and flap open so I can get in and out .. it is like a door. She has places to hide but I watched her tonight and when Mr. Innocent charged the screen she coward a bit, that broke my heart. I could try the curtain thing I guess. Right now I have a big pink unicorn stretched out long ways to keep them from getting a running start at her. Once I put that down in front of the door she came out and relaxed. and Romeo was not as aggressive. My thought on that was if I can divert their attention and they don't have a straight eye shot at her then there would be less lunging.
Thanks for responding ..

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is my beautiful Bella as my profile picture :heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Looovley avatar! Well in my book December is still not a long time. One last question: does Mr. Innocent get other kinds of activity besides pestering Bella? Maybe you can distract & wear him out some. Like the unicorn defense field…maybe more are needed., or could even a second screen be hung from the ceiling? I have always been a 1 cat person so hoping multiple cat owners will chime in here. Is she curious about him at all?

Last edited:

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looovley avatar! Well in my book December is still not a long time. One last question: does Mr. Innocent get other kinds of activity besides pestering Bella? Maybe you can distract & wear him out some. Like the unicorn defense field…maybe more are needed., or could even a second screen be hung from the ceiling? I have always been a 1 cat person so hoping multiple car owners will chime in here. Is she curious about him at all?
He has a brother and sister in the house and they drive each other crazy with their chasing lol. It would be really hard to put a second screen up because the area is so small and narrow. I just will have to figure out a line of defense. Bella coos at all of them .. sometimes she will pat at the screen if they are close, but for the most part she is a doll with them.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looovley avatar! Well in my book December is still not a long time. One last question: does Mr. Innocent get other kinds of activity besides pestering Bella? Maybe you can distract & wear him out some. Like the unicorn defense field…maybe more are needed., or could even a second screen be hung from the ceiling? I have always been a 1 cat person so hoping multiple car owners will chime in here. Is she curious about him at all?
I am hoping others will have ideas ,, yet I still have to keep pressing on and trying to figure it out.. keep on keeping on lol

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Well she is not hissing at them, that’s positive. She sounds curious. Even if she were hissing, that’d show she can stand up for herself.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well she is not hissing at them, that’s positive. She sounds curious. Even if she were hissing, that’d show she can stand up for herself.
True.. not sure what to do .. I will get it figured out ,, God gave me a brain now I have to use it .. :heartshape: :heartshape: :heartshape:

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went through the same thing with adopting our Buddy - he unfortunately wasn't quite as calm as Bella. Once the screen door came down our youngest Heathen (she does live up to the name) found great sport in chasing Buddy back under the bed even though she was 1/3 his size. Eventually they all come to terms - their idea of terms not mine - the word No gets said at least once a day with the dart and ambush routine but it's waning bit by bit - Do I think that the word no will get to skip a day -a week -a month - not likely. Give it time and the rewards are wonderful.