Rodents, do you love them or run from them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Does Susie have finger prints any more! Enjoy your company! Thats a lot of posts!!!!!!!
Yep, still have all my prints but the letters on my keyboard are wore off!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I like them, and i cry when i see people feed mice to snakes.
Hey, snakes gotta eat too. Usually they are rodents bread specifically to be food and it's no different than us (or our cats) wating chicken, beef or pork.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Hey, snakes gotta eat too. Usually they are rodents bread specifically to be food and it's no different than us (or our cats) wating chicken, beef or pork.
Most people feed their snakes humanely pre-killed, frozen, and then thawed to room temperature mice and rats (convenient and no possibility of a live rodent killing your pet, and yes it does happen). Yep, it's no different than taking out that chicken or turkey out of the freezer and popping it in the oven for the family to enjoy.

Though compared to cats (domestic or large wild ones), I must say that snakes definitely have a much more humane method of killing their prey.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love rodents. We had 2 girl mice befor we got Karma. They were like little dogs. They loved to run all over us and play. They were named Lucy and Ethel. Lucy had a heart shape on her butt and Ethel was "special" She had broken her nose and her tail as a baby. Because of that she could not run straight or clinb but she was the nicer of the 2. She would cuddle and give love nipps. I miss those little girls. We do plan on getting more someday when we can set up a good safe catproof tank.

Oh yah and we own a snake. We fed it in a differnt room because hte noise scared our girls.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Most people feed their snakes humanely pre-killed, frozen, and then thawed to room temperature mice and rats (convenient and no possibility of a live rodent killing your pet, and yes it does happen). Yep, it's no different than taking out that chicken or turkey out of the freezer and popping it in the oven for the family to enjoy.

Though compared to cats (domestic or large wild ones), I must say that snakes definitely have a much more humane method of killing their prey.
Yup, I've done pre-killed frozen but I've also had picky eaters that required live prey... and I'm not sure they are more humane when killing their prey.

Originally Posted by KarmasMom

Oh yah and we own a snake. We fed it in a differnt room because hte noise scared our girls.
Ya, it can be pretty ugly when feeding live.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them all especially guinea pigs, rats and hamsters.

I don't care too much for mice or gerbils, though.