ROCKY having trouble

tommyd78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rocky is having trouble with my other 2 male cats they are 4 and 6 years old rocky is 6 also. The other two mind there own business and rocky sometimes attacks them. Rock came from a shelter and was very shy when we got him he finally came around to us, we became friends. It seems he has a problem with just the cats. We think he came from an older women and was the only cat. At the shelter he was kept apart from the general population being so shy. My question is can he finally accept being with the other cats? They really been interacting only a couple months. Also is there the possibility he would be happier in a one cat family?We would do whats best for him .

felinemama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tommyd78

Rocky is having trouble with my other 2 male cats they are 4 and 6 years old rocky is 6 also. The other two mind there own business and rocky sometimes attacks them. Rock came from a shelter and was very shy when we got him he finally came around to us, we became friends. It seems he has a problem with just the cats. We think he came from an older women and was the only cat. At the shelter he was kept apart from the general population being so shy. My question is can he finally accept being with the other cats? They really been interacting only a couple months. Also is there the possibility he would be happier in a one cat family?We would do whats best for him .
I would give Rocky more time because he's already been through a lot and the fact that he is friends with you, would be more trauma if you took him back. You didn't say how long you've had him, but I had a similar situation many years ago when my newly adopted cat came home and didn't get along with my other 2. In time they accepted each other but were never close. Also, since all 3 of your cats are older, they are not as flexible. If you take Rocky, 6 back to the shelter (is it no-kill), he will likely spend the rest of his life in a cage since most people won't adopt an older boy. Hang in there and please update on Rocky