Road trip!

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo looks a bit dangerous to me! dont think I could carry Katy that far and I dread to think what Dirt might find! So count us out I'm afraid and we will just sit under the shade and finish off the last of the feast (well Katy will) and generally laze about until you come back with tales of daring do.
Good luck to one and all.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will go on the mission! Sounds like a great adventure
I wonder if we can bring back some lava rocks for the others as souveniers??
Sasha is going to stay behind and go swimming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All right, folks, our party of fearless (or foolhardy) volunteers is returning to Guadalcanal after completing its mission at Krakatau. Here's a look at one of the small islands there:

Isn't it cute? Anyway, we've been worried about you folks in the Solomon Islands ever since we came across this vintage postage stamp:

No fear, mates! We'll be leaving for New Zealand shortly. A fellow we encountered, who claims he knows something about New Zealand, is going to be our guide there:

So, it's time for any Kiwis on the trip to step up and make suggestions as to where we should go upon arriving in New Zealand. Our guide, Pete I think he said, promised to show us around.

=^..^=

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pete looks like a very well stood and elegant person! And with the latest hairstyles! Let's also take into account that one of our travelers is from NZ. Sam, what do you know of a place called New Zealand? Ever heard of it?

Anyway, it seems to me that we are going to be pretty safe in New Zealand.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay New Zealand! Maybe we can go visit the hobbits from Lord of the Rings! And Sam's (Wellington Cat's) house of course

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it looks like folks just aren't into this particular road trip. Maybe the old Road Trip Gang is gone? I appreciate those few of you who've stuck with the thread, but I'm going to take a break from it for now.

=^..^=

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll stick around. Maybe others will drift by and decide to come play? Meanwhile I think I'll retire to the nearest hammock, read an improving book and check out the surfer chicks.

=^..^=

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here you go, tulip2454, play that disk on this machine:

It's survived on this island out here for nearly 100 years! Crank it up and let's listen.

=^..^=

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, inticed by the soft music and the last of the feast (the tacky stuff that Katy left behind) these strange creatures have emerged from the undergrowth.
CAN WE LEAVE IMMEDIATELY PLEASE BEFORE ANY MORE ARRIVE

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They want to dance! And dance we will. They are nice folks, and with very refined food tastes (They seem to like my Puerto Rican cooking).

Taking into account that we will stay indefinitely here, I decided to make some lodging arrangements. I found this little hut atop a small mountain surrounded by tropical forests.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, Victor, but I didn't know you were making those arrangements. Well, we can stick around for a while longer! After all, it's not often we get to make friends with strange little creatures.

=^..^=

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, we ought to stay a while longer, and after we leave I will keep the little hideaway so we can use it in the future. If you wish, at the end of our trip, we can go back to the Guadalcanal mansion for a little finishing coctail.
Those little creatures, gnomes they call themselves, have agreed to take care of the place when we ain't there.

But, for the moment I got some food and drinks. Enjoy.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joe glad you're staying us, we would be lost with you that's for sure.

I quickly caught the next plane to NZ so that I could clean the house(
) before you guys come, you can come by ship and I'll meet you in Wellington, and then I can give you a good of tour of wellington(where the LOTR movies were shown etc etc) it will be so much fun and I'm so glad you guys are stopping off here, actually I might leave Acorn here she's getting into lots of trouble, stealing good and destroying toilet paper.
We must also take a visit to the Lone Star restuarant some of the best food I've ever had here and then we can camp out at Elson Motor Lodge. Oh Boy!

Here are some photos of what awaits you.

Isn't our capital beautiful??

http://www.wellingtonnz.com/
Feel free to check out this link to learn more about our beautiful city. If Kellye's lurking on this trip maybe she can tell you a bit about Christchurch, Oooh and we must take a visit to Wellington Zoo.

Can ya tell I'm excited?! LOL.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Victor, thanks for all the food and drink! Indeed, that's a nice little bungalow you've got on Guadalcanal; and I think it's a good idea, as you suggested, for us to come back here on the return leg of our journey.

No fear, tulip2454, we're heading for New Zealand. Thank you, WellingtonCats, for extending to us the hospitality of your city. From those photographs you posted--and from what I could glean via the web-site link you provided--I agree it is indeed a beautiful place! And as you suggest, when we arrive at Wellington we'll try to locate Kellye so she can assist us whilst we're in Kiwi territory.

I anticipate we'll arrive at Wellington within the next several hours. So everybody can rest a bit and recover from all the partying and sightseeing we did whilst in the Solomon Islands--not to mention that scientific diversion to Krakatau.

=^..^=

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
let me up that gang plank and out of here - those 'nice little creatures' now filled with food and drink (at our expense I might add)have started to eye up my fat Katy as lunch!
New Zealand here we come! Looking forward to the visit to Te Papa, awesome, could get lost in there for days. Dirts looking forward to seeing the dinasours from China. Unfortunately he got a taste for bones when we visited that burial site so I'd better keep my eye on him