Road Trip to Find Mr. Cat! Who's Coming?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stopped off for some of the new Haagen-Daz Desserts Extrordinaire - chocolate mousse ice cream.:icecream:

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, adventurers! I'm sorry to have been gone so long, but I was invited to attend the Miss Iceland contest: as an observer, obviously.

Anyway, not wishing to cause an international incident I naturally agreed; and so there I was, surrounded by young women. I must say, a fellow could get quite used to this!

Miss Iceland from KeflavÃ:censor:k

On Friday night, Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir from KeflavÃ:censor:k was chosen as Miss Iceland 2003 at nightclub Broadway. Ragnhildur Steinunn is a 22-year-old student at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Iceland, where she studies physiotherapy. This summer she will work in Sparisjódurinn bank in KeflavÃ:censor:k. She has had the same boyfriend for seven years. “This is really a big surprise,†says Ragnhildur Steinunn when asked about her recent success. “The results are always unpredictable in beauty contests. It is all relative and all you can do is be yourself and hope to be the type the panel of judges is looking for.†Ragnhildur Steinunn has never before competed in a beauty contest, even though she has been asked to do so many times in the last four years. “Now that Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m 22, I have my own opinions and am comfortable with myself. I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to compete when I was younger, so I decided to seize the opportunity now.†Ragnhildur Steinunnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s boyfriend is footballer Haukur Ingi Gudnason. They have lived together since she was 15 years old. In addition to playing football with ReykjavÃ:censor:kâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s team Fylkir, Haukur Ingi studies psychology at the University of Iceland. Next month, Ragnhildur Steinunn goes abroad for two weeks to meet the other competitors of Miss Europe taking place in September.

Stricly from the standpoint of courtesy and manners, I invited Miss Jónsdóttir to accompany us to — well, to wherever we're all going. I'm hoping we've some spare clothing for her!

Oh, yeah! Now, what's all this about Miss Kitty?

=^..^=

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, yes, Mr. Cat, always the gentleman! You had no choice but to sacrifice your time. Of course Miss Iceland can come, right, gang? (I hope there's enough Hagen-daz for everyone!) Here's a lovely sweater and warm slacks for our guest.

Well, some of our group think Miss Kitty might be lost again, and we are going to the caves to enlist the help of the faeries and elves. There have been some very mysterious goings on, as you know, Mr. Cat!

Pollyanna, are we all here now? Choose a horse or vehicle and off we go!

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we are all here, no, there are some missing, no, how many were we a while ago? No wait, when was 1990? (Sorry, this one was stolen from Friends)

Oh, yes! It will be a pleasure to have Ragnhildur Steinunn along! And I have some extra clothes she can borrow since we are obviously the same size (yes we are! Don´t forget this is a magical trip
)

I have been agruing with the monster, it appears to be the monster that lives on the east coast, sais it wants to see "other waters of the country" I told it to go home, where it belongs and I thing my arguing was strong enough, but it needs a ride, do any of you have a jar we can fill with water for Monster transportation?

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Pollyanna, believing as I do that it's best to befriend monsters I've arranged for a large container of water (with the monster happily inside) to be transported with us. Remember, if you're nice to monsters they'll be nice to you!

Remember that strange little book Björk wrote? Well, you can now read it right in the comfort of your own home (assuming you get back home). Click here to open an Adobe Acrobat file, from which you can print out an abbreviated (but in English) version.

And should any of you want to listen to a dance-music/popular-music radio station in Reykjavik, just click here. Happy listening!

=^..^=

P.S. If the radio-station link doesn't work for you, click on Kiss 895 and then click on the "On Air" box in the upper right of that web page. (For direct streaming-media to work, ofentimes one must make adjustments for streaming-media connections in one's Windows Media Player: under the player's "Tools" menu select "Options," then the "Network" tab. All checkboxes on the left should be checked; and each of the formats listed in the window below the checkboxes should be selected and then opened via the "Configure" button, with "Autodetect proxy settings" enabled for each of them. Then click all "Okay" buttons to close out of the player's windows you've opened.)

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im glad we have a Beauty Queen AND a monster along!! it makes our trip so much more interesting! And you know what? we probably don't even need to buy extra food - since beauty queens dont eat, and monsters only eat people and other animals, (oops! we're people!) - we're all set!!!

where are we taking the monster? and where on earth is Miss Kitty? is she in the caves?

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, and let me know if you see a "Wendey's" (spell.?), Im getting quite hungry!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MMmmmm, Wendy's...love it! I'm sure there's one on the way! Of course, as long as Cindy doesn't mind, we have Hagen-daz ice cream.

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
okay, its settled then. We make a quick stop on Wendy's on our way to the caves.

Any new clues regarding the whereabouts of Miss Kitty? and where did Mr Cat go?...

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aaaawwwwaaa! Mr Cat!!! Please come back from the closet!!
At least in my case I can say that I haven't been able to connect, since I have such a slow internet connection, that some of the things just won't come up... Please come back!!!!
You've been missed!!!

Can you help us out with some clues of the new adventure?

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm only emerging from my hiding place because you asked me to, nunny. *emerges whilst looking about* Oh, there you are!

So, let's see: Various monsters have appeared, people are pondering the wisdom of venturing into the magical cave, Miss Kitty is in some sort of predicament again. . . . I'd best consult Björk's peculiar little book.

Well, from what it says here, I gather we've got to bring that monster in the water container into the cave so that its spirit can be purified — or something like that. And we're encouraged to nap beforehand, so as to have sufficient energy for the task ahead. *yawns*

=^..^=

Closets can be tiring, you know.

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mr Cat, thanks for coming back!! :flash:

Just so you'd know: I just fed some Oreos to the monster (so it won't eat any people until we get there). You know, when I looked at it I saw 2 weird things:

1) it had some sort of writings tattooed on its tummy (which I only saw briefly)

2) It looked at me with very human eyes! I could almost feel a person inside it!

oh well, maybe its just me and my wild imagination...

where is everyone?...

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dear Mr. Cat!
I am so glad you came out of the closet - there are so many mice there, I was wondering when they would start tickeling you! At least they really tickeled me once when I got locked in there by accident.

As for your english versoin of the book - you are so good in finding things! I just feel bad for not writing the translation yet - I have written the thing down though, and its not that its hard or anything, I just haven't given myself time to write it on the computer, it seem I am rather in a hurry these days and use the time to write quick notes instead. This arguing with the monster really did take tame (and energy), I am so glad it´s settled in the container! I hear spiders are a real delecasy for monsters, could you help me find some?

And the radio station - my internet connection sucks, and I was recieving some very cute kitty video (from 3 different people of course, it´s sometimes hard to be known amongst friends as the crazy catwoman!) so nothing else worked, so I didn´t hear anything. We have several other radio stations on the web, I was trying to find them, in case they worked better, but as I say, nothing worked

....oh, and it seem like we have a bit of a broblem! The beautyqueen says she is really hungry!
Can anyone pass her a strawberry?

Nunny, do you think the monster has maybe eaten one of us? How can we find out? Maybe if we find enough spiders, it will give us one human instead????

I´m off searching for spiders, taking 3 Hagen-dazes with me to last long enough on the spiderhunt

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or--perhaps it's an enchanted human being! Maybe it was just trying to get our attention when it grabbed at my leg! As soon as Mr. Cat awakens, we should be at the caves. We'll need that book, Pollyana!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe the monster could be placated, by giving him the beauty queen. As for spider hunting, you're on your own - I'd rather take chances with a monster, than deal with spiders.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't help with the spiders! I'm cutting the strawberry into small pieces for Miss Iceland.

G

ghostuser

Well guys it seems that 'The Rock' has to get back to work so I'm wiggling my nose :witch: to teleaport me to the caves to meet you all.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have ANY AND ALL spiders detained, or I will scream and cry.

So why do we have to put the monster in the jar?

And I'm STARVING, almost withering away from my "visit" w/The Rock. Even if he was a good cook. Since the Fairies have taught me this wiggling nose trick, I can teleport and transport (like food in). This way we won't HAVE TO stop, only if we want to.

So I got 3 of everything on Wendy's menu and some Subway. I
the southwest sauce they have. And also other snacks, fruits, cakes, cookies, vegimite, and all kinds of stuff.

Please hurry to help me eat all this food before someone or thing comes for it and worst ME. I'm hiding up in the big, crooked tree that points toward the entrance of the cave, hurry. Be quick like bunnies.

Who's driving? If you know who was, you guys would already be here, HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!