Road test

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I loved driving in Texas.. At least in the smaller places, folks are actually polite on the road..

And they have this like 1 finger (index) wave thingie they do, so they can say hi without taking thier hand off the wheel. Oh and if your going faster than someone, they actually move to the shoulder to let you pass, of course giving the wave.

*smiles*
Ken

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh!!! I definitely know what you are talking about. When I was in baltimore one of the girls I was with got completely lost and it was exactly as you are describing!!!! When I'm not the one driving I can't really remember stuff like that unless someone jogs my memory

Unfortunately Colby I don't know when I would get another chance. I worked for a company the first three months that I was out of college that sent me to Baltimore for training. That's where their headquarters are. You may have heard of them; TEKsystems or Allegis Group. Too bad I didn't find TCS in early 2001 but you never know!

megh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey! Michigan drivers are great!!! I am from there, but am now in NC where no one has ever heard of a turning signal! Get a clue y'all!!

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I child I actually grew up in Taylor, MI just a bit outside of Detroit. I have tons of family there. What part are you from.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ken, people do that wave thing in rural Nebraska, too! Those small town people are absolutely the most considerate drivers I've ever been around.

Bad drivers are taking over the world!! The big thing here in Colorado is trying to curb road rage. A couple years ago on one of those merge-in onramps from the highway one guy actually shot someone on the highway for not letting him in!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time I was visiting some of my family in Oklahoma City. It was Christmas so I saved my shopping to do down there and they gave me directions to the mall. Now as soon as you pass the city limits, it turns to fields and pastures, so pretty quickly I felt like I was out in the middle of nowhere. Suddenly, I notice a long line of cars in front of me and traffic was just creeping along. I was so frustrated! I topped the hill and realized what was going on: there was a 4-way intersection and people were actually stopping and letting other drivers go! ONE AT A TIME! I was completely bamboozled. Nobody in Boston drives like that! If you let one car go, you can bet the 10 cars behind them will go to and you'll NEVER get back in gear! I had no idea that people actually followed rules like that before.

megh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sfell -- I am from Canton & Brighton (Western suburb kid), but went to high school in Dearborn. My husband and I may be moving back to that area if things go well. Do you miss MI or are you a Texan now?

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I was born in Houston but moved up to MI with my mom when I was 2 when my parents divorced. I visited my dad in Houston every summer and then when I was 10 I moved to Houston to live with him. Unfortunately, MI has a lot of bad memories for me

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Badhabit...justsaw this thread!!! Congrats on passing your test! Way to go!!