Road rage

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Love that cat driver!!!
LOLOL!!

When someone tailgates me I intentionally slow down just to p*** them off!

And I had a guy in a truck that had big tires so it sat up high tailgate me when I was coming back from the vet, this was back when I had my 2000 Mustang. It was about 3-4 days after I had my gallbladder surgery and BB came down with worms. It was sooooo gross.
I was going the speed limit in the right lane and he could have passed me but didn't. So finally when he did at a stoplight as the light turned green, I put my correct finger against my side window and left it there as he passed me. What an a**!!

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got tailgated the other day, by a man driving a company van, so when I got home I phoned his company and complained about him. They were not impressed as he had tailgated me for about 10 miles! I told them (& asked them to tell him) that if I saw him doing it again I'd ring the police. It amazes me that people will drive like that when they are driving a vehicle emblazoned with their company logo - perhaps they think that no-one will notice!!!

Sue

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to admit that I've been guilty of road rage, although I dont curse at people or give anyone the finger... I'm a little more subtle about it... I normally drive fast so when I'm doing 75mph - 80mph in the left lane and someone is tailgaiting me, like Im not going fast enough, I let my foot off the brake so the car starts to slow down, then when they try to go around me I speed up and blow past them... It always makes me laugh when they get back behind me LoL... I laugh even more when someone does that to me because I just look at them like "I invented that game!"

Adrian and I actually got into the only fight we've ever had because he was driving my car one day because I wasnt feeling well... I was having a really bad migraine that was blinding me so I let him drive, even tho he doesnt have a license... For more reasons than one, he shouldnt have been driving my car but I allowed it anyway because I trusted him not to do anything stupid but this particular day he decided to be a jerk.. Someone in the left lane wouldnt let him in front of them so, he purposefully fishtailed my car in order to scare the other guy... Instead he scared me into a panic attack in which I was gasping for air and my eyes were rolling into the back of my head.. When he pulled over to try to pull me out of the attack, he told me that he was just messing around and I spazzed because I didnt know he was playing, I thought we were about to get into an accident and I freaked because my father would have killed me for so many reasons if Adrian totalled my car... When I finally calmed down I explained to him that he could have killed a lot of people doing that and that I didnt ever want him pulling that crap ever again, in my car or his own! He was so upset that he started to cry (which he NEVER does) and I spent an hour trying to comfort him... I was so angry with him yet I saw that he realized he messed up so I told him that he's lucky because he learned a really hard lesson the easier of two ways... and, now when he drives my car he's extra careful...

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Have you ever experienced it? I was on my way to work this morning on the freeway, and someone the lane to the left of me stoppd abruptly for some reason, and the guy behind him had to slam on his brakes. Well, all of a sudden, the guy behind speeds up and pulls in front of the first car, and stops abruptly, as if to say, SEE, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? Fingers were flying and I could see that obsenities were flying, although you couldn't hear it cause it's like 10 degrees and noone has thier window down. That second guy could have caused a serious accident and it just amazes me how people are.
I had something similar happen to me, but luckily it was only on a surface road (Cedar Rd in Cleveland Heights). I still to this day have no clue what I supposedly did, but the guy cut in front of me and slowed down several times when I tried to go around him. I was so scared I pulled a spy move and turned quickly on a side street without using my signal. I was shaking for a while when I finally got home.