Roaches

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

A bit O/T but somewhat funny. Last summer DH and I were in the next town over, around supper time, and decided to get some fast food. Well, I can't eat what he wanted to have so I got a sandwich from somewhere else and brought it in with me while he ordered what he wanted. I was sitting there eating my sandwich and a roach comes strolling by on the divider between the booths. It stopped and watched me... then tried to come closer to me. Made me glad I had food from somewhere else. I told DH that the place's food was so bad that even the roaches didn't want it. And yes, I told the roach (in front of other people) that it couldn't have my sandwich.

Not so funny is the fact that a lot of restaurants and fast food places do have problems with roaches.
OMG, I was eating at a diner chain with my ex boyfriend about five years ago. We were both eating and I saw a roach on the floor. It was disgusting. I didn't eat my meal. They gave it to us for free and OFFERED US FREE DESSERT!! Um, no.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

OMG, I was eating at a diner chain with my ex boyfriend about five years ago. We were both eating and I saw a roach on the floor. It was disgusting. I didn't eat my meal. They gave it to us for free and OFFERED US FREE DESSERT!! Um, no.
I know they were just trying to get you to be quiet about it and not mad, but more food from a place with roaches isn't something I'd want either.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The reason why you are seeing them in the bathroom is because they like wet, dark places. It is very important to keep your bathroom clean and well ventilated. Clothing, towels, carpets if left on the floor is a haven for them. Roaches can live for six months without eating, and egg sacks are deposited in dark hidden areas which hatch around 40 babies. It is more common to see small baby roaches or sometimes females with egg sacks which sometimes become disoriented while looking for a place to deposit it.
The best way to avoid roaches is to be clean and tidy. Keep your kitchen counters clean, stove and oven, avoid dishes left in sink, proper ventilation in bathroom, don't leave drinks and especially water or food around, don't leave laundry around, and caulking and sealing cracks and cervices throughout the home.

I know, I live in NYC!