RIP Joey..

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why do these things happen? I want my Jo-Jo back so badly! There are times like these that make me doubt God and regret rescuing. It hurts so much to have something you love torn away from you within a matter of minutes
I've gone through the same thing. I think my mom tried to comfort me saying that God said it was his time and that the good Lord won't put too much on your plate. Well when I had my other cat, there wasn't too much on my plate, things were FINE. So if he was taken away because I supposedly didn't need him then it just makes me angry because things were FINE. I was happy when I had him and not relieved by any means at him being gone.

So because I think the God theory just makes me angry I like to think my cat was here his alotted amount of time and now he can come back as something else and make someone else's life really happy. They are in our lives just long enough to do something... I mean I like to think of the things my cat being here brought me so maybe it would help you too to sit down and write out what having Joey did for you. He made you happy, he made you feel good when you got rid of his fleas and ear mites, just think of the good things. It really will get better in time, time really does heal it just feels like it drags by so slowly.

I'm sending tons of healing vibes and hugs! Hopefully Joey is at the bridge playing with my Pause-kitty!

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know those feelings all too well. I felt like that when I first joined here because Nomie was taken from me in a 3-4 day period. It was a shock and I was literally ill. I had to sit back and decide how I could move on. It helped my family to get another kitty. I never regretted doing that as the 3 we have now make me laugh every day and bring us all so much joy. I worry a lot more than I used to though after losing 2 so young( both were only 7) My 2 cats just before Nomie and Mia lived to be around 15 and I probably didn't take half as good of care of them. They ate cheap food etc. I guess you never know.....