RIP Joan Rivers

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The whole way it happened is so tragic.

She's an icon, a flawed one, but one nonetheless.  She'll be missed by many, myself included.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The whole way it happened is so tragic.

She's an icon, a flawed one, but one nonetheless.  She'll be missed by many, myself included.  
Joan may have been crass and said some very politically incorrect things at times, but you can't help admire her conviction to state her truth, no matter what others may have thought about what she said.

And let's face it, she said some things that many of us thought about, but wouldn't say due to trying to remain outwardly politically correct ourselves. While I try very hard to remain politically correct, sometimes my thoughts aren't always so.  She wasn't afraid to speak what she was thinking.

She may not have been popular with some,  she was a comedian and she did provide people with a lot of laughter over the decades.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and her friends.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Joan may have been crass and said some very politically incorrect things at times, but you can't help admire her conviction to state her truth, no matter what others may have thought about what she said.

And let's face it, she said some things that many of us thought about, but wouldn't say due to trying to remain outwardly politically correct ourselves. While I try very hard to remain politically correct, sometimes my thoughts aren't always so.  She wasn't afraid to speak what she was thinking.

She may not have been popular with some,  she was a comedian and she did provide people with a lot of laughter over the decades.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and her friends.

I admired her for these reasons, even if I disagreed with some things she said.  She was a real person, flaws and all.  RIP Joan Rivers and warm thoughts to her family and friends.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yet another huge loss in Ms. Rivers.

She certainly could entertain even the stuffiest of crowds :)