RIP Heath Ledger

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard a report that he had pneumonia at the time, and if he had a fever like others I've seen with pneumonia, I can definitely see where this could be an accidental death by drugs, either mixing the wrong ones or not realizing how many he was taking...

Very sad.
I've seen a couple scenes with him as Joker in The Dark Knight, and he was amazing! He was really just coming into his own as an actor, expanding his roles and his body of work. He had so much talent and potential and I truly feel that we, the audience, are must less for having lost him so young.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great actor. I feel so bad for him that this is where it ends for him. He will be missed by many!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard and I am in shock.

He was such a talented actor. I remember first seeing him in ROAR and followed his career though amazing preformances like in "The Patriot" and "Brokeback Mountain"
I wish we could all send our condolences to his family and of course his beautiful little girl. In any pictures you see of him with his family no matter what he was smileing.

A positive force in the entertainment world.... he will be missed

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His Dad put out a statement here earlier today. There were no drugs or alcohol, and his death has been ruled accidental. The police report states that nothing was found in his apartment in the way of drugs or alcohol, and there were no illicit substances. It is believed he died of a heart attack due to complications of his pneumonia, but there will be an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death. This will be the only way they can determine whether drugs were involved. I really hope not.

I think it's just so terribly sad, for someone so young to die this way. But if it was a heart attack, one can hope it was quick and that he didn't suffer.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So very tragic.

What a great talent and so young

His poor family and little girl

RIP

I really do hope for his familys' sake that it has nothing to do with drugs or alcohol and is simply a terrible tragic death from illness.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really hope drugs weren't involved. It's a sad state, that when a young actor/actress dies the first thing we all assume is drugs, and suicide. An "accidental" death is tragic, but better than a selfish act like suicide.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard this on the radio when I was leaving home this afternoon. I couldn't believe it....he was talented, gorgeous, and had so much going for him.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I really hope drugs weren't involved. It's a sad state, that when a young actor/actress dies the first thing we all assume is drugs, and suicide. An "accidental" death is tragic, but better than a selfish act like suicide.
Suicide is a selfish act - but not in the `traditional' sense of the word selfish. It's very hard to explain unless you've been there yourself (and I have). But even though `technically' it's selfish, I would never call it that.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far, it seems the examiner says the cause of death is inconclusive.
It may take up to 10 days for closure on this.

IMO it's beginning to look like possible heart failure, likely brought on by stress and an immune system surpressed by pneumonia.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Such a tragedy. I feel for his poor little girl. He was a fantastic actor; he'll always be my favorite cowboy.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest In Peace Heath Ledger
Another young talented person taken too early...
Hope his daughter is going to be okay