RIP Elizabeth Taylor

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
fine, fine actor, I watched "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf" last year, Elizabeth Taylor blew me away with her performance, STELLAR SHE WAS IN THIS, I highly recommend for anyone who loves films, she was so perfect..RIP beautiful talented lady..

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Cleopatra came out I was ten years old and was taken to downtown Chicago to see it. I still have the program. I was very impressed. I already was a fan of hers from seeing National Velvet on TV. Even in that, at age twelve, she was exceptionally beautiful. I got my hair cut like hers in Cleopatra and then played an Egyptian in a school play.

She was a real movie star. They don't really have them anymore.

Robin

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We lost one of the last great STARS of Hollywood today.

She was a lot more than just a beautiful face on the big screen - she had class, humanity, a wicked sense of humour, a fiery temper and the abililty to love and be loved by many. She also cared for the underdog - HIV/AIDS sufferers long before it become 'fashionable' to do so. She put her money where her mouth was - and raised even more.

We shall never see her like again - Liz Taylor was one of a kind - she lived life to the full and enjoyed herself doing it.

At least now all the pain she has been in for the last few years is gone and she is again with the loved ones that have gone befor. She will get a splendid 'welcome home' party.

May she rest in peace.

May her family remember all the happy times they had and remember her that way.

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

I feel so sad. Not for her- she'll be with her true love again, with her friends, and she went with her children around her.
I'm sad for me, for us.

All my icons are gone now. The Old Hollywood I treasure so much. Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Ingrid Bergman, Katharine Hepburn, and now Elizabeth Taylor.
I'm only 18, but I've always, always (really, always) identified with the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s more than I do with today. I feel like I should have been a part of that world.
The last person I really loved from that era is gone now and I feel kind of a hole.

I'm sorry, to all of you. This is about beautiful, classy, compassionate, brave Elizabeth Taylor, not me. But with her loss I feel an ever greater loss behind it.
You said it perfectly - and that is exactly how I also feel...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elizabeth was one of if not the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. She stood by Michael Jackson till the end as I did and I loved her for that. She did what she wanted in her life and never apologized for it, I had read that about her. I'm hoping some of her great movies will be shown on TV soon, I especially loved Butterfield 8. RIP Elizabeth Taylor.