RIP Ace

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So this is coming up on the anniversary of the loss of my precious dog, ace after 14 years!!!

Ace was an amazing dog. He was brought home at 6 weeks of age. We always loved him, and knew he was special. One of the things he did to calm himself down, was he would take a large toy and put it on the floor, and put a smaller one on it - and push-paw, like he was getting milk from his mom.. So sweet!!!

He lived a very good, healthy life. He was the vet's favorite - always at the proper weight and nutrition. He would fetch the ball outside for hours on end. He slept in bed with mommy and daddy, and was a family favorite, even friends who did not like dogs liked him.

One day, everything changed. We took him to the vet for his annual checkup, and the vet found a small heart murmur. Nothing to worry about, she said - it was small. So for a few years, we never thought anything of it. Then one cold day in November...

We were playing ball in the house, and Ace started to lay down and just cry. This kept on for about 2 days, off and on - time to go to the vet and get him checked out. Sure enough, the murmur had gotten the best of him... and every inch of walking was painful. So we made the heart-wrenching decision to put him out of his misery.

Years later, we still cry... I miss you little guy - I love you!

harleysmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry about your loss. Pets are members of the family, and losing one hurts as much as losing any other family member. Time may make things easier to bear, but you never totally get over the pain. I hope you are able to find comfort in the good times you had with him. He was adorable BTW.