Ringworm?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Boyo, I just don't know. i've never actually seen ringworm, but always thought it truly formed a circle and was kind of reddish even though I do know it can get scaly, which I definitely see, or is that scabby? Sorry, not much help here. I can give info on how to treat, etc, but now on whether or not it's actually ringworm.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry you haven't gotten more responses. I can't tell whether or not it is ringworm, so probably best to take him to the vet. If you have other cats, keep them away from him until you know for sure, as ringworm is contagious. And, clean your hands and whatever else is exposed to this kitten before interacting with the others.

I suppose, if you were looking for a way to find out without taking him to the vet, you could ask them if they could check skin cells under a microscope. I have heard that the skin cells can be collected on a clear piece of tape and then analyzed. The option would all depend on whether or not your vet would be willing to do so, and/or if they think it is actually a viable way to check.

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wouldn’t jump and panic that it’s a ringworm unless the vet confirmed it with a test. A lot of wounds will glow under the blacklight. I was told by a vet that ringworms are usually circular and you can actually see a reddish ring around the circle.

It could be flea or some other kinds of allergies. Try to use some flea treatment to see if you cat stops scratching.
Let’s hope that the vet rules out ringworm because it is nasty to get rid off