Ringworm?

chromecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I never came across ringworm before so I am not sure if this is it. Naboo's first visit when she arrived (found abandoned in a bush), the vet said she looked clear. Then another visit (different vet) last week, she didn't mention anything. Now I am getting a bit paranoid as she has her fur messed up a bit on her face, but as I said in another thread she tends to scratch herself when she is very very hungry. Here are some pictures, can I get your opinion?

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are you bottle feeding her? I’ve seen hair loss around the face on really young bottle fed kittens. Also if you suspect ringworm seperate her from everyone and everything in the house, wear gloves when touching her. It’s extremely contagious to humans and other animals. It will get a lot worse pretty quickly if it’s ringworm which will let you know but it may just be from botttle feeding or if she’s eating from bowls make sure they’re stainless steal and cleaned after every feeding. I believe the vet can do a scrape to comfirm ringworm. I would see if your vet recommends that. Just to be sure. Also if she isn’t on any flea meds yet get a flea comb (3-4$) and see if she has any. Could also contribute to fur loss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I got her 2 weeks ago. Started with a dropper, and she was alright. Then the actual bottle and she scratches it and herself, and sometimes she'll pour milk over her face. She's about 3 weeks old, doesn't eat on her own yet.