Ringworm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I, personally am confused, if you trust your vet and are going to do what he says, why are you asking for advice. Just like your deworming thread when you were given info there, you said you trusted what your vet said. If you are coming on here to weigh your options and gather info and then to make a decision, that is fine, but dont get offended by responses.
Maybe I should have been clearer, but I don't know how much clearer I can be than my original post asking for tips. The one poster mentioned a cleaning solution easier than bleach... that's a great tip. I did not post "help me", "do you think my vet is wrong" "what do I do". I posted asking for tips to combat ringworm, and some support.

As anyone else on here, I am entitled to my own feelings. Telling me not to get offended? I'm sorry but I am a human being with feelings, and that can be one of them. Unfortunately with typing msgs, meanings do not always come across straight and things can be taken the wrong way, interpretted differently by each person, etc.... I was trying to remove myself from the post because I was getting upset, and we all know what people 'can' say when they are upset. In doing so, apparantly I offended you. Why? I do not know as you weren't even involved in this thread up until then. I will not say anything more on this particular paragraph as I feel it is getting personal, and personal issues should not be aired on public forums, wouldn't you agree? Feel free to pm, or email me.

As for the deworming thread, what exactly is wrong with it? I posted because I wanted to know why most people say all kittens have worms. Simple enough. Its a statement that I've heard frequently, and I wanted to understand the reasoning behind it. Thanks to that thread, I now do.

Pami, I do not think that there is anything else I need to say to you.

Yosemite and White Cat Lover, I do apologise for not taking your messages the way they apparantly were meant.

People need to understand: You have no clue what is going on in my life. You have no idea how hard this has been on me. I am only human, and I just want my kitty to get better so I can enjoy him much more than I am able to right now.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK - time out folks. Message has been received and acknowledged. No offense given and none to be taken.

Take the information you receive from various posters and discuss with your vet. I'm sure all will be well. Ringworm is more of a nuisance than a life-threatening issue so just take it from there.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Wait - treating for 10 days only? No oral meds?

Sorry - but in my experience with ringworm at the shelter & via Damita.....oral meds are a must. Ringworm cannot simply be treated topically as there are bound to be spots that you cannot see. I found it much easier to just treat all the cats orally at once. I've used Fluconazole for 4-6 weeks (oral med). Cuz the one time I didn't do everyone - right near the end of the "infected" cats treatment someone else came down with it & re-infected the source.

People who do not have compromised immune systems can & do get ringworm. Go search my username & "ringworm"....was through it dozens of times.

My best advice re: ringworm? Don't be a spaz like I was!
I have treated Ringworm on both of my Persians without oral meds. I bathed 3x week, shaved the spots, checked them well several times a day head to foot with the light. Sanitized the environment several x a week and used purified castor oil on the spots. I didn't get it, my sick dog didn't get it, it never spread on them and it didn't come back. It was a pain, took a long time but it worked.