Ring pictures

skykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sicy your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I love the old fashioned rings and jewelry at least you know that it was made with tender loving care and will continue to last for generations.

As for the ring turning I wouln't worry about it my rings have always turned. From a size 4 to a size 6 and they still keep on turning and to my knowledge nothing will stop them!

Sometimes I think that rings on women were meant to due that on purpose. When a loved on is ill or in the hospital our rings bring us some comfort as we sit and wait and twirl them around. I know that sounds silly but thing about it, how many times have you seen the women in your family when their spouse is ill or in the hospital sitting there twirling their rings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am already in the habit of twirling it back around with my pinky and thumb

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just have a plain old gold wedding ring that has been on my finger for 8 years in March next year. Nothing startling at all I am afraid - however, it means more to me than all the sand on the beach and the drops of water in the ocean and I would never take it off - not even for surgery.

When Carol and I got engaged - three weeks after our first meeting - we could not afford a great sparkling diamond. We got a basic thing that was all we could afford. The wedding rings are the same and I got her an eternity ring a year later when we vacationed in Cornwall.
last year we came into some money and I was able to get her the shiny and real diamond as a replacement engagement ring. She fell in love with one in the shop in Hull - about 60 miles away from home and later, I returned to the shop on the quiet and purchased it. It was expensive and cost me about £250 plus - I fail to recall but when I gave it to her, she cried the whole 60 miles home and has never taken the thing off. The other ring has been cleaned and polished and she sometimes wears it on a necklace, most of the time it sits in a jewellry box.

Sorry, not as exciting as you lot but it was worth it all for my wife.

Kev

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg that is so sweet
It doesnt matter how much the rings cost, the point is that you are in love. I told myself months ago I wouldnt care if I just got a simple ring, I know my fiancee loves me more than anything. This worked out great because we dont have a lot of money and luckily his grandmother had given him this ring to give to his future fiancee many years ago. I am lucky that it is almost exactly what my "dream" ring would have been.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kev
I just have a plain old gold wedding ring that has been on my finger for 8 years in March next year. Nothing startling at all I am afraid - however, it means more to me than all the sand on the beach and the drops of water in the ocean and I would never take it off - not even for surgery.

When Carol and I got engaged - three weeks after our first meeting - we could not afford a great sparkling diamond. We got a basic thing that was all we could afford <snip...later you said> She fell in love with one in the shop in Hull - about 60 miles away from home and later, I returned to the shop on the quiet and purchased it. <snip> when I gave it to her, she cried the whole 60 miles home and has never taken the thing off. <snip> Sorry, not as exciting as you lot but it was worth it all for my wife.

Kev
Kev,
My husband has never, and will never, remove his wedding ring either (ours are simple gold but are two strands of gold that are woven, to symbolize the weaving of our two lives together)...and my mom, just got her diamond at the age of 70 (after being in this second marriage for over 10 years)...it doesn't matter what, or when, its what is behind it that counts, and your wife, in my opinon, is a very wealthy woman indeed. You are a precious jewel in and of yourself!

Okay, I'll stop embarrassing you now.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats one gorgeous ring Sicy!! Congrats!

My wedding band is special to me because my grandmother was married with it, my mom was and so was I. I'm hoping to pass it on to my daughter when she gets married as well. Its got beautiful scrollwork all the way around it, and I don't want to resize it because it will mess up the design. Unfortunately that means I can't wear it at the moment because I've lost a lot of weight and its waaaaay too loose (who'da thought you could lose weight from your fingers??)

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! Sicy that is a great ring. The stories here are heart-warming, and maddening (SylentRayne).

My grandfather had given me my grandma's wedding rings. I thought that it was for me to hold on to. A few months later me and hubby decided to shop for a ring. He had mentioned my grandmas ring but I, being greedy, wanted a new one. So we got one and then as I began to think about it more I wanted to bring this one back and wear my grandmas instead. But hubby said no, he got me this one and its from him and thats that. I cant begin to describe how I felt, and still feel, to this day. The ring I have is a nice ring, ok, but it doesnt compare.

The only redemption I have coming is for my daughter to wear it one day. Which will be a long time because we have no children (yet)!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your ring is beautiful! Isn't it amazing how they can take an old, somewhat worn, heirloom and make it look like a new piece?