Riding in back of Uhaul?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not recomend leaving any animal in the back of a vehicle. U-hauls are notoriously unreliable and if not maintained properly exhaust could seap into the container and carbon-monoxide poison the animal in the back. Plus there is no way to secure the cariers in the back of the truck and pieces of furniature could fall on your cats and seriously hurt them. If you don't have the room I would sugest accompanying them on a bus or renting a car to take your pets.

touro1979

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a very bad Idea. Shifting cargo could easily smash a plastice cat carrier. It may look like you packed it right but unless you have proffessional help it is very probable you will get some shifting cargo. If you have two drivers, rent a car and follow the U-haul with the cats in the car.

touro1979

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I moved I brought the cats over first, put them in a sinlge room, and then moved my stuff over the next day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

td128

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update

It all worked out fine. The girls were perfectly fine in the back of the pickup and are romping around the new apartment. I know it wasn't the safest thing to do but there was little choice. I don't drive, nor am I eligible to rent any vehicles, and the sparse people I know who can drive hate cats and refused to have a seperate car or trip for them if the carriers fit in the back. Sucky people and I'm glad I'm living far from them now, but things worked out and the kitties are fine.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out and you and your kitties are at your new place safe and sound!