RIDICULOUS vet!

tigerfanfrv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the cost of the spay varies depending on location. an example, i live in NW PA a dental cost about 140 plus any extractions (5 if it a molar maybe 7), my friend lives near philly, a dental there cost closer to 200 plus extractions.

the 350 more then likely includes any drugs used, pre-op bloodwork to check for kidney or liver problems, the procedure, e-collar, plus go home meds. they may be using the high end drugs that work very well. i would assume that it was a high end cost if the cat was in heat at the time. if the animal is in heat at the time of surgery there is a higher chance of complications and is more difficult for the vet. they might be including a pre-op exam and a fecal exam to check for parasites. they might require all surgery animals stay over night. they may even be including any vaccines that the cat would need. differnt states require cats to get differnt vaccines. i know that PA requires by law that cats get a rabies vaccine. most vets strongly recommend a distemer vaccine as well.

another thing that needs to be concidered is that the office has bills to pay (gas, electric ect) as well as pay the staff and the vet him/her self for working. most vets i know would prefer not having to worry about cost, be it a sick animal who needs multiple tests run or a routine thing, but no biusness will last long with out any sort on income and no biusness will have employees if they are not paid.

if you ask for an estimate they should give you a break down on the costs. costs vary between vet offices and location all over the country the closer to a big city the higher the cost

as for the bengal thing they may concider them illegal because bengals result from a cross between a wild cat and domsetic cat. kind of along the same lines and wolf hybrids

chiclett_33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
illegal for bengals to be in seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have my little bengal..thank the lord (i think) they are not illegal here in california, :S awful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ravyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually, its illegal for hybrids to be in Seattle. Bengals after a few generations are considered domestic cats and no longer hybrids. The vet just wasn't firm on what generation they went from being hybrids to being SBTs. Some people say fourth generation, some fifth. We weren't mad about that, just surprised. IN most of Washington you can keep hybrids and even smaller wild cats (bobcats, ocelots, servals, etc.), but apparently Seattle has a different take on things.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unbelievable - and people wonder why there are so many unwanted kitties out there.