• Thread Starter Thread Starter

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
was she blind? Physically blind? No.

was she deaf? No.

Was she the "human" cannonball? No.

At the end of a drum roll (music) she was blasted out of a cannon, but instead of falling safely on a net, she hit the circus tent support beam and died? No, but good thought!

Hey Salix, why'd you choose the name willow? At least, I assume it's the genus name, not something else. I'm named after my cat, who's named after a karate belt, because he's black and that's what I want. A black belt.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

American Pie is a song by Don McLean written in memory of the crash that killed Buddy Holly.
Um. That was in responce to something else obi said. LOL

I know American Pie... and Madona ruined it.... Some songs just can't ever be redone. Love Madona but she shouldn't have touched a classic

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was the lady about to do a death defying leap on the high wire and they played a drum roll or some intoduction music and then she lept and... didn't defy death?

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
was she about to do that death defying leap, and the power went off making the music stop?

Obi,
kind of a wierd story there
My name is Mandi, or Amanda in RL but it's a pretty common name, and it didn't occur to me to use the kids' names for my own *slaps forehead*
I also belong to a writers' group, but to belong, you have to create an online persona. Mine is a dryad that gets nursed back from a long illness by an aztec priestess (my best friend). I/she decided to stay, and since I don't speak the given language at the time, I/she got renamed "Salix" which is because her tree is a weeping willow
I'm not very good at thinking up nicknames, so I use this one every where. You're the first person to notice what the meaning of it is, cool!

Sorry for the long explanation *winces* Mandi

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh. She did the leap and the power went out causing the music to shut off AND the lights to go out so she couldn't see where she was going? lol

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Was the lady about to do a death defying leap on the high wire and they played a drum roll or some intoduction music and then she lept and... didn't defy death? NO . . . . .

was she about to do that death defying leap, and the power went off making the music stop? NO.

Ohhh. She did the leap and the power went out causing the music to shut off AND the lights to go out so she couldn't see where she was going? lol NOPE.

You guys are getting there, but you might want to try stuff less specific or you might be guessing scenarios forever! LOL! Methinks there are a lot of ways for someone in the rather loose category of "acrobat" to die . . .

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Salix

You're the first person to notice what the meaning of it is, cool!

Sorry for the long explanation *winces* Mandi
I'm a biologist, emphasis ecology, so you'll notice smatterings of bio through my posts! One of the riddles ended up with a sideline discussion about how slugs die! LOL!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she fall?

Did she break something?

Does the music go off because of a power outtage?

Does she drown?

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

Did she fall?

Did she break something?

Does the music go off because of a power outtage?

Does she drown?
Yes she fell!

Yes, I suppose she broke many somethings.

No, no power outage!

No, she doesn't drown.

And I think someone asked if she was a music box dancer, but the answer is no. Just finished watching "O Brother Where Art Thou" again, and laughed 'till I cried. I love that movie.

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

was she a blindfolded tightrope walker?
Excellent! Yes! You picked up on the fact that when asked if she was blind I said,"Physically? No." She's not blind, but she is blindfolded
Now you need to figure out, why is it that when the music stopped, she died? In other words, why did she fall?

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she trip?

Did they play the music wrong? Was the music a cue for something and the music messed up?

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Did she trip?

Did they play the music wrong? Was the music a cue for something and the music messed up?
She didn't trip, but yes the music was a cue and the music messed up.

So close you can TOUCH it!
So now, what was the cue for???

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dunno...was there music playing on the other side? leading her across the rope?
It stops, she gets disoriented?

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I dunno...was there music playing on the other side? leading her across the rope?
It stops, she gets disoriented?
Close . . . . .

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she take too long crossing and the music was supposed to stop to tell her that she was across the line and when it stopped early she thought that she was off the rope and so she fell?

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Did she take too long crossing and the music was supposed to stop to tell her that she was across the line and when it stopped early she thought that she was off the rope and so she fell?
Switch that around, and you have it. Remember, someone accidentally killed her. So, it's that the conductor ended the music too early, so she thought she'd reached the end and hopped off onto the platform . . . that wasn't there. But the essential point in your answer is correct, and it seems silly to say "no" to your answer because you put the "blame" on the tightrope walker instead of the conductor! Riddle solved!