Riddle 13?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the man see a long lost love in the smoking car and had he not been there he would not have seen her? No, but that would've been sweet!

Does the man see an ad that makes him not kill himself? Doesn't it work the other way around? Sorry, no!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this surgery is to improve his vision:

did he have surgery to improve limited vision? See next question...

was he blind before the surgery? Yes

was the state of his eyes troubling enough to him to consider suicide if it didn't work? Yes

You answered yes earlier that his purpose had been fullfilled to his expectations, so should we take that to mean that whatever vision correction he had was successful? Yes...

maybe he was made fun of as a kid for his thick coke bottle glasses and wanted to kill himself if the laysik didnt work, lol
Aw... but no, he was blind

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was the man blind before he had the surgery?

Does he see something that makes him want to kill himself and then he gets on the train and the smoke clouds his eye sight and he thinks he is going blind again so he doesn't kill himself? Like, maybe he realized seeing isn't cut out to what it is supposed to be and he would rather be blind?

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was the man blind before he had the surgery? Yes.

Does he see something that makes him want to kill himself... Well, no he doesn't see something that makes him want to kill himself
and then he gets on the train and the smoke clouds his eye sight and he thinks he is going blind again so he doesn't kill himself? Uh no.
Like, maybe he realized seeing isn't cut out to what it is supposed to be and he would rather be blind? Nope.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the fact that he can see now make him want to kill himself?

Does something on the train make him lose his vision again?

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK

When he gets on the train, can he see?

When he gets off the train, can he see?

Does something happen on the train to make him think that he can not see?

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tempter! Here I am at work again, but I must ask!

Was he suicidal when he boarded the train?
If in the non-smoking car, would he have become suicidal because of something he DID see or something he DIDN'T see?
Cigarettes: is the important thing the actual cigarette(s), or the cigarette package(s)?

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the fact that he can see now make him want to kill himself? No.

Does something on the train make him lose his vision again? No.

When he gets on the train, can he see? Yes.

When he gets off the train, can he see? Yes.

Does something happen on the train to make him think that he can not see? Yes, kind of.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Obi

Tempter! Here I am at work again, but I must ask!
I knew you couldn't resist!!

Was he suicidal when he boarded the train? No.
If in the non-smoking car, would he have become suicidal because of something he DID see or something he DIDN'T see? Didn't see.
Cigarettes: is the important thing the actual cigarette(s), or the cigarette package(s)? The actual cigarette.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the train get so dark and he thinks he can't see until someone puffs on their cigarette and he sees the red at the end?

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

Does the train get so dark and he thinks he can't see until someone puffs on their cigarette and he sees the red at the end?
Care to summerize the whole thing Beth?

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol. WOW.

Okay so the man gets on the train sooo happy he can finally see and well since they are in switzerland they go through a tunnel in a mountian and Ohhh poor man thinks he lost his sight again... that is until someone takes a puff on the cigarette and viola! he realizes it just got dark. LOL

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

lol. WOW.

Okay so the man gets on the train sooo happy he can finally see and well since they are in switzerland they go through a tunnel in a mountian and Ohhh poor man thinks he lost his sight again... that is until someone takes a puff on the cigarette and viola! he realizes it just got dark. LOL
Voila! Very good!

Now here's my issue with this riddle: the riddle states that had he been on a non-smoking car, he would've died. So you're telling me that this tunnel is SO long and there aren't ANY lights on the train that he would've had time to kill himself? Doesn't it seem dumb?

By the way, Obi is it your turn to do the riddles now? This one was hard to field questions from! Although we did get to page 7 - pretty impressive!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg -- i saw this riddle on the first day, and they are just way beyond my level of thinking!! Congrats Beth -- you all trying to figure these out AMAZE me!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAHA. I just have to laugh at my typo. Viola... Voila... aye me. Yes Obi. MORE RIDDLES>