Ricki's pregnancy ♡

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

felineutopia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she gave birth last night :') 5 kittens! And I offered her several nests but she didn't accept any of them! She gave birth under my sister's desk and I'm debating on whether I should move them because they can't stay there

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
she gave birth last night :') 5 kittens! And I offered her several nests but she didn't accept any of them! She gave birth under my sister's desk and I'm debating on whether I should move them because they can't stay there
Let them be there a while, so her maternal instincts are steady and good.

After perhaps a day, with a little luck she will perhaps want to move herself, they dont like to be in a soiled used birthing nest.

Otherwise you move them into a prepared nest nearby, so she sees no harm is done to her children, and hope for the best...

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

felineutopia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yah you're right. I'll wait a day, and I just saw her vag and it's all bloody and inflamed:( I feel horrible

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
And the kittens keep screaming haha
Im not sure so good.  Contended kittens dont scream much...  It may be so she dont has enough with milk.

Do they suckle and eat??   If not, look at the parallell thread going on now.  There I give advices on what to do if the kittens doesnt get food from mom.