Richard Parker b.k.a. Kitty

richard parker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My wife rescued her kitty 9yrs ago and she was allergic then and she has become even worst...we have tried everything in our power to overcome this fate and trust me I do mean everything. So, we have came to the decision that we would like to find Richard Parker b.k.a kitty a loving home where he would better be suited and my wife's health can remain on the up and up. He is a loving cat that loves to cuddle and play...so please feel free to give any advice or suggestions...or if you would like to have Richard Parker b.k.a kitty please feel free to contact me. I can and will submit pictures. Please and thank you

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not sure if you read this before posting, but this is the site's view on your post:

"The SOS forum is for discussing cat rescue issues, including shelter-related topics. Both general discussions and specific cases are suitable topics.

If you're looking to find a new home for a cat:

1. The chances that anyone here will be able to take in the cat are slim.

2. We consider our cats to be family members and knowing just how hard it is to find a good forever home for a cat, people are bound to try and talk you into keeping the cat. If you're unwilling to deal with that approach, then please don't post here about your cat."

That being said, have you asked all your friends and relatives if they would be willing to take Richard Parker?  Older cats are difficult to re-home, especially this time of year when there are so many cute kittens available.  Has your wife gotten allergy shots to try to alleviate the problem?  Do you bath Richard Parker and then wipe him down with a damp cloth to cut down on his dander?  What all have you done?  Maybe we can try to offer some more alternatives to living with a cat when you are allergic.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry you have to rehome your kitty. It would help if you let us know your location in case a member lives near you and might have a suggestion for your cat. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for your Kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

richard parker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To mesgreenjeens yes ma'am as I've stated before we have exhausted all of our options and I don't want my wife's health to be effected because of her warm heart to help a kitty in need. We have asked all our friends and family we are located in Rogers park Chicago.

I love the little guy but my wife can't even be on the same room without medication...and I know we both don't want her to love like that.

richard parker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the miss spelling of the words auto corrected like going crazy on my phone but as I stated before we exhausted all of our options just looking to find a great home for a great cat Thank you ever so much for all your advice.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where there is a will there is a way!

I have many cats and asthma/allergies to them. 

Talk to a dr about shots/meds and look into filters/vacuums and different things to do

richard parker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where there is a will there is a way!

I have many cats and asthma/allergies to them. 

Talk to a dr about shots/meds and look into filters/vacuums and different things to do
We've done that and the situation hasn't changed in forever and so we are hoping to find a great place for him.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she had allergy testing done to see if it is JUST the cat?  Could be other things affecting her too.

Honestly at 9+ years old there is not a great market for rehoming.  Heck there are kittens being put down do to no one wanting them.

List him up on as many sites/places(vet/stores...) as that is all you can really do.  Even then you may get nothing from anyone serious about giving him a good home.  You need to be sure to screen out anyone looking to use him as bait in dog fighting or things like that

Until then keep him out of bedroom, continue to use allergy shampoo and bathe him, take shower before bed also to keep dander out of bedroom, make sure you are using hepa filter BAGGED vacuum, wash fabric curtains, limit carpet, look into slipcover or throws on couch if couch is fabric(preferably have it cleaned professionally)  Don't handle cat to much before your showers and wash hands after petting/playing.

There are plenty of other things to help.  I have over 2 dozen cats inside my home and make it work.  I have been allergic since I was born.  My eyes have swelled shut many times, constant sneezing, asthma attacks and breaking out.  I have my inhaler on me at all times and put alot of time and effort into keeping a clean house.  Something must be working as when mom visits she is ok being here she is allergic too (she has 3 cats)

richard parker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, she had a allergy test taken and he did reveal that it was car allergies. So we have done just about trick and tatic that we have came across and nothing. So think we will begin to put flyers in a few per stores in the area.

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Contact your vet they are usually great at finding homes for cats and often will take cats in as the "office cat" if they are friendly. Call all the rescues in your area and look for ones who have foster homes. Please do not give him to just anyone! 

Many people take medications daily for allergies and live full and happy lives with their cats. You seem to indicate her condition is managed with medication, so what is your reason for not wanting her to take her medication? You should also think that giving a beloved pet away may also have a negative effect on your wife's health. I had asthma as a child and and stress would trigger attacks. You should not be putting pressure on your wife to get rid of the cat, it is her decision so please do not try to get rid of her cat as it could make things worse