Revolution Plus vs ear mites

carbo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My guy has what appears to be a case of ear mites. Frequently shaking his head, occasionally scratching. A look inside the ears doesn't tell much. They don't look especially dirty or waxy. Three days ago I gave him a dose of Revolution Plus. He's shaking his head less frequently, but still enough so that I'm here, asking about it. How effective is this product and how quickly will it eliminate the damn mites?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ear mites normally present like coffee grounds in the ear. If you aren't seeing that, then it might be an ear infection vs mites. You might need to take him to the Vet to be checked.

Lunathefoldcat

Luna and Nall_The Folds
Kitten
Purraise
I have been using Revolution Plus for my cats since my vet recommended it. I haven't had any issues and seems to be working as advertised. My cats do get tiny wax build up but it's normal for their breed due to their folded ears. They do sometimes shake head when their ears get dirty. So I do weekly spa days including ear cleaning. My vet did recommend that I clean their ears consistently which is why I started a weekly spa day routine. I agree with the first response, just ask your vet and have them examine your guy. Best wishes.