Reverse Zoonosis

brdwybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone happen to have any trustworthy articles about Reverse Zoonosis? I would like a complete list of absolutely everything that can be passed from humans to cats, but I don’t know what sites are trustworthy. Was wondering if anyone had some insight on the subject. Thanks!

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You will never get a list of absolutely everything. You can get close to complete with an exhaustive literature search. If you are willing to set for reasonably complete, here a few references: a refereed article from plos.org, the article referenced above, a blog entry on viral diseases.

I don’t mean to say these are complete. I haven’t read them. A quick way to test for reliability is to look at whether the article includes references to where the information came from. If an article is in a scientific journal, it’s more believable if it has been refereed (reviewed by a number of experts in the field).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brdwybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone! I’ll look into your advice! I’m specifically looking for something called Candiasis. It’s the same bacteria that causes oral thrush or yeast infections. You can also get it in your bellybutton or skin folds. That’s essentially what it is. Yeast. I know that yeast infections are typically not contagious from human to human, but I was wondering about humans to animals. I know that animals can get yeast infections themselves, but didn’t know if there was any relation to human yeast infections or if it could be passed to them from a person.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
brdwybaby brdwybaby - Candidiasis is actually a fungal (not a bacterial) infection caused by yeasts that belong to the genus Candida - the same which causes women to buy miconazole nitrate - and which, in the form of a yeast infection, is, in fact contagious and sexually transmitted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brdwybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah! I read they typically weren’t contagious (unless through sex). Still don’t know about cats though.