Returning home cat keeps throwing up

blessedwindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow cat lovers.

My 2.5 year old Thor had a 10 days away from home. He ran away by accidient when my wife's grandma tries to take him to her car.

Good thing is that he snucked to a home nearby and not gotten hit by car. After ten days of searching we finally found him, then we took him back yesterday.

As one would've guessed, his weight has gone down quite a bit, from 6 kilos to just shy of 4 kilos. He seems to have no problems at first, he recognizes our house, ran to lay in his favorite sleep spot, scratch his favorite car wheel bed, instantly eat his food and use his litter. His behaviors look the same but I can definitely tell that his energy is low. Before then he was a very active cat, we would usually see him running with full force and tackle other cats while meowing out loud.

After a few hours adjusting to his "new" home, he started meowing to answer our calls but his voice is weak and sometimes even sounds broken. He then occasionally throwing up, not the food he just ate but just white water/saliva (he attempted to throw up the moment he got back, but I thought it was just him trying to cough up hairballl).

At first we thought it was just him having irritated stomach or is too nervous having to take in so much new informations at once. But now it has been a day but he still throw up sometimes. We noticed whenever we pet him, he instantly attempts to puke, sometimes nothing came out, sometimes just water. He's still eating normally, his poop look okay, his temperature is normal, other cats don't try to scare him off, and he never once threw up food.

Anyone has an idea what's happening to him?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

blessedwindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also it's worth noting that the guy who kept him do feed him chicken blended with pumpkin. I asked if he fed him anything with bones but he said no.

Sorry for bad grammar and thanks for any help.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd get the cat to a vet within the next few days, definitely before the holidays. Vomiting can indicate any number of things and only a vet can determine why,

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will repeat taking him to the vet as soon as possible for at least a blood test. It could be something simple for sure but if he damaged an organ it's easier and less costly to treat now before it gets worse.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take a trip to the vet just to be on the safe side. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about better safe than sorry.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Another vote for the vet. My worry is that before he got into the house where he was cared for, he may have eaten something that he should not have eaten. Soonest seen, soonest mended.

craftymelli

My Mom's kitty, I'm the sister😊
Young Cat
Purraise
Another thing your cat may be dehydrated. Dehyration ( not drinking enough water) can cause throwing up. Is he drinking any water? Stress can cause throwing up too. But definitely get him checked by a vet.