Restroom Question

littlebit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten butterfly wont always use the litterbox so i thought it was a urinaie(sp) tract infection but when the vet looked her over he said she was fine except for i think he said it was round worms but he said that kittens and puppys are known to get those. We got her some meds to get rid of the worms but she still wont use the litter box all the time. In the evenings we think its cause we keep the cats locked in our bedroom ( where theres no litter box but we are buying one for there today ). There are other times where we just cant explain why she doesnt use the litter box. My bf is threatening to get rid of her if she doesnt stop so i really need some help cause i love her and dont want her to have to leave. The one that pushed him over the edge was when she pee'd on our DVD player and we caught her in the act and picked her up to put her in the litter box. Ive had cats alot in my life but ive never had a cat do this when he picked her up she didnt stop peeing so it got everywhere and by the time we got her to the litterbox she was done and just ran away. Im out of ideas can anyone help?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did the vet ever test a urine sample? You can't rule out a UTI if no urine is tested.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds to me like a urinary infection as well. I think I'd look for a new vet before I looked for a new home for this sweet little one.

You might also try adding some cat attract litter for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlebit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat attract litter?? Ive never heard of that. Yea ill take ya'lls advice and call other vets tomorrow they are all closed right now.