Restoring and treating stretched leather

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister just dropped off our old antique coffee table that we grew up with. She got it when she moved out, but now has no room for it so thought I'de like it. I've always loved that coffee table so I happily took it off her hands!
So it's supposedly a real good brand that made wood furniture that's worth quite a bit..I don't remember the name. It's a round, pedestal table with three "legs", with metal paw/claws at the ends of each leg. It has some stretched leather inlay sections on the table top with gold filigree-ish edging, it doesn't even feel like leather...and my sister said I should try to "treat it". It's not cracked of lifted anywhere but there are scuff marks and it does look "used". Some areas have that "dry look" (like someone who tans too much) but no cracks yet. So I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to restore and treat stretched leather, just to make sure it doesn't dry out more.
Plain old oil? Leather shoe stuff?
Thanks for any tips:)

Last edited:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I used to have they same table! I wish I could help with restoration info but I haven’t even done it but I would do a google or YouTube search. I would guess you someone has a HowTo out there.