Rest well, my good little girl

vikinggirl34

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ve been in deep grief since Feb 1st at 1:10 pm – the day went sent Janie across the rainbow bridge. She was put to rest at home on the couch where my husband and I would sit in the evening with her and watch TV together for what we’d call “family time”. It was our last “family time” together. 😭

She was rescued at 8 years old from a local shelter. I chose her BECAUSE she was one of the oldest cats at the shelter then and knew she had a marginal chance of finding a home. She won my heart from her profile picture and bio on the rescue league’s website. Once we arrived, we were led to the cat colony room she was in, our eyes met, and she sprang into action! She ran over to the chair I was sitting in and jumped up in my lap! It was as if she knew I was there for her!

Of course, I’m going through the horrible guilt phase. I’m not new to this as this is the 6th cat that I’ve sent over the rainbow bridge. It NEVER gets any easier. I promised her I wouldn’t wait too long as I did with my others. Her quality of life was going downhill. I recognized the signs being I’ve been through this before.

Janie was 17 years and 7 months old with a myriad of health issues - hyperthyroidism, kidney failure, and high blood pressure. She was on Felimazole and Amlodipine. She was down to 6.7 lbs. 😢 Her top weight years ago when she was healthy was 10.7 lbs.

She was such a loving cat. She always wanted on our laps or to sit near us.

We miss you, Janie. Rest well my good little girl! We will see you again one day!! I promise!!
RainbowSparkleGIF (2).gif

1676128916215.jpeg
1676128950706.jpeg
1676128976456.jpeg
1676129061528.png

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to a beautiful kitty. How wonderful the way you connected at the shelter that day, that's a beautiful story. And you had almost 10 years together.

It's so hard to let them go but you did the kindest, most loving thing you could do for her, setting her free from pain. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

Rest in peace, sweet Janie. :rbheart:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. Time can only lessen the grief, but actually will never really go away.
I am sure your good little girl will carry in her heart the love you and your family gave her when nobody else could. She lived a good life with you, and she will now be an angel hovering over you and protecting you.

Hang in there.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Janie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Jasmine lived, breathed and had her being wrapped close in your love. She left This Adventure for her Next Great Adventure with your love walking with her to guide her way. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you, down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always and forever, Love abides.

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry for your loss. There’s so many little things in life that are so much larger than we realize, Janie I’m sure had a home and family, but for some reason was abandoned and ended up in a shelter. But everything in her life and your life was lined up perfectly to meet each other and bring each other years of happiness.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You saved her and she ended up with a permanent place in your heart.......what a beautiful little girl. You gave her what she wanted most in life, a home and the love of a family. Guilt will always be there, it is a part of grieving. It is learning how to manage it that is so hard. and no, it never gets any easier, but eventually time will soothe the sharp edges and the love of another little one who so desperately needs a home helps tremendously.
Their love never disappears, it finds a permanent place in your soul and can never be replaced because it is your unique love. No one in the world will ever love that little girl like you did. it will reside right beside all the other little loves you hold, and will grow with theirs and can continue to grow with any other future loves. She left you a beautiful legacy.
The darkness of grief overshadows all the happiness that you received for years, but the sun continues to rise, and the beauty of life itself will eventually come through. Eventually you learn a new life's order and grief will reside where it will belong, in the past. As you go forward into the future, remember, she would never want to bring such sadness to one she loves so much. live as you would want for her to live if you were the first to go. Not in perpetual sadness, but remembering and treasuring a love that was so special, so precious. One of this world's greatest treasures, a cat's love.......RIP sweet Janie. You will always be remembered, you will have a secure place in loving hearts for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!