Rest Poor Darling

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I experienced my worst nightmare..... We hit a cat with our car:sniffle::bawling:
He died instantly but I rushed over anyway to get him off the road, stopping cars from driving there.
I am so sorry your life was cut short sweet sweet cat. I am so sorry it was because of us.
Hope they find your owner so they can grieve.

I am still in soo much shock, nervous and sometimes nauseous:(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes these things happen, no matter how careful we are. This is one of my worst nightmares, I feel nauseous just thinking about it, and cry every time I pass one of those angels lying by the side of the road. My own Chrissy was killed not even ten feet from me by a driver who didn't even stop. I still cry.....
But you did stop. For that I am thankful. It was an accident, you had no intention of harm, so please try not to harbor guilt over something you had no control over. I'm thankful that is was quick, it could have been so much worse.....
My heart goes out to you, I know you care enough to come to this site, and it must be incredibly difficult for you to do so. It is something that will be with you a long time, because you care. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
RIP sweet little one. Your life was important, you will be held in the heart of a stranger who cared. May your journey to the rainbow Bridge be swift, may the good Lord bless and keep you, until you are reunited with those who love and miss you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are very welcome, I mean every word. You had an accident and nothing can change that, but you have spread the word and may have saved the lives of a few others by making people more aware that they should be looking out for things like this. A little bit of light in the darkness caused by grief.
I know how I would feel because I witnessed my Chrissy, you cannot be judged because there was no intent. My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. May God bring comfort to your heart, because of the pain you are going through. You are a good person.....

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
RIP sweetheart, you don't have any pain any longer. Your body was cared for by a loving person.
May you both find the peace you deserve :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a terrible accident, you did not do it on purpose, but yes for us cat lovers it is the WORST thing that could have happened, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this.

That kitty knows that it was not on purpose, and is just fine now. We never know where life is going to take us or why these things happen, but who knows, maybe the poor thing was heading towards a worse ending to it's life, maybe cancer and something else horrible, and this was God's way of preventing that? But again it was an accident, it will hurt and haunt you for awhile but with time it will fade and you will understand you didn't do it on purpose. I know years ago I tried not to hit a chipmunk but did and killed it, and I felt just awful even though I knew it was an accident.

I am sorry that this happened to you, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read on the missing pets site the cat has been reunited with it's owner:sniffle:
I'll never know who they are but my heart goes out to them and I'm sorry.
I will always remember your darling:angelcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet One, dream you deep. You are remembered.

I am so sorry that happened to, well, to BOTH of you. I know that you would have harmed yourself before harming a cat, given the choice. And that tells me that there was no choice. This was a horrible accident, and nothing that you might have avoided.