Rest In Peace, Tiger.

cat-writing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

On Tuesday we decided to help end the fight that Tiger had been fighting for nearly a week. There were so many things that were going on in your body, the vet gave you a 5% chance that day, and we knew we had to do the right thing.

I'm so grateful that after almost a week of car rides, to and from the ER and our local vet, that you didn't put up too much of a fight with all of the different people. You always were so happy to see us and you were always so gentle with us.

We could have tried a feeding tube. The surgery could have worked. But, would your body digest the food? Were you really septic? Why had your kidneys stopped working slowly over the past week? The ultrasound showed no blockage, and with your condition in exploratory surgery, your chances would have been 20-30%.

We did everything we could, Tiger. I believe you knew that in the end. I'm so glad we got to sit down with you, brushing and petting you, until it was time. It happened so fast. But, I'm so grateful that you didn't have a painful death.

I know you're watching out for us. The odds of a ginger kitty coming up to our deck and looking in the window were small last night. But, I know you sent that kitty to check on us.

It's so hard without you.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of your precious Tiger. Such a beautiful , sweet looking kitty!
I wish I knew the perfect words to say , that could ease your pain. Just know that I understand. I have been where you are now. The pain in your heart can become so unbearable that you can hardly breathe. Just take things one day at a time. I hope that you can one day think of your precious kitty with more smiles than tears. He will be with you always , in your heart.
RIP Precious Tiger!
You were and still are so very loved!
Try to comfort your loved one , who misses you so very much!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful little face! You know your sweet boy is sending comfort your way, he thanks you for the wonderful home you gave him and especially for the love you gave him to hold in his heart. You did what you could, but sometimes it is still not enough. Somehow you found the courage to stop the suffering, one last act of love that he is grateful for.
The emptiness we feel in our homes and in our hearts is hard for us to bear at first. It's almost impossible to accept that we will never see those sweet, furry faces again. But time will help you realize that the bond you have formed will always be with you, that what you shared is spiritual, so eternal. Although the frail, physical body will fail, the love that is contained in the soul will go on for eternity. Now this love is intertwined with your own soul, and that new path that Tiger follows will one day cross again with your own and you will meet again. He leaves you a legacy of love. Honor that legacy by sharing it once again.
Beautiful Tiger would never want you to be so sad because of him. he loves you too much for that. Although you must grieve right now for your loss, allow the sunshine back into your life, because that is as he wishes for the one he loved above all else.
I'm sure that ginger cat was a sign, it is strange at my house too, that a grey and white kitten showed up the same day my own grey and white Burt journeyed to the Bridge. I have never seen a grey and white here before. Believe, and open your soul to his comfort and messages. He will answer your pleas because he will never be far away. Bless you for loving that sweet boy so very much, I hope you find comfort in knowing he is beyond all the poking and prodding now, he is at peace. Take care.....RIP beautiful Tiger. You will be so very missed and forever held in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of that sweet boy, his spirit will live in your heart and memory forever. I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tiger, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart always.

He was, and is, a lovely boy. And I am sure that he is blessing you right now for the courage to end a physical life that had become one of simply enduring suffering. He knew, and knows now, how loved he is, and how you wanted only the best for him. He is with you still.

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss of Tiger. Our kitties are such amazing companions. They teach us so much and make our lives better by being here with us and the memories they fill our souls with. You enriched Tiger's life with your love and care. Tiger is now in a perfect condition in a perfect place. I wish peace in your heart when you are ready

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Poor little Tiger, his body just couldn't keep going. You gave him everything you could and he surely knew that. RIP, little boy. :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave him a very good life and were with him till the last minute. You saved him from huge suffering and pain.
I wish every cat could live such a full of love life.
Tiger knows that you did all you could for him and that you had to take the last terrible decision only because nothing else could be done.
He won't forget you and won't leave your heart.
RIP beautiful Tiger!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat-writing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much. I've been reading, and rereading, these messages for the last week. It has brought comfort to me but it is still hard to accept the loss. I got his ashes on Friday, three days after we decided to put him to sleep, and it did help a bit with the grieving. I'm doing my best not to continuously go back and think of the "What if's" and instead remembering all the good times with him. I thought I would have many more years, but he was a fighter, and I know he would be here if he could be. Again, thanks for all of the messages, it truly has helped. :heartshape: