Rest In Peace Floof. ❤️

Rita593

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two short months ago I got a phone call from my boyfriend. His first words were “you’re a mom” I was confused to say the least. He then explained, he came home from work and laying in the driveway was this tiny jelly bean of a kitten. He searched for the mom. But when he couldn’t find her. He took him inside and immediately went to the store and bought formula and all the things to take care of him. I will say my first instinct was I don’t have time for this little guy. But after a couple days I fell in love. See when we found him time was creeping up on the year anniversary of my mother’s death. I was falling into a deep depression and little Floofikins helped bring me out. He had health issues from the beginning unfortunately. But I was praying that he would pull through. However after his infection spread to all four of his legs (deep in his joints) I realized it was to much for him. He was in constant pain. All he could do was lay on his back. We tried to help as much as possible. But after getting several opinions from Vets who all told us that if by some miricle he survived he would have permanent joint damage and would probably never walk again we decided that it was time. It was time for him to stop suffering. He was suffering so much for so long and it breaks my heart that we couldn’t do any more for him but part of me knows we did what was best for him. This is day number 1 without him. I walked into the house and immediately went to his spot. And of course the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. He’s really gone. This house seems empty without him. In a short 2 months he stole my heart and a part of me went with him.

Attachments

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, this is another tough one, a real heartbreaker......first I am sorry of the loss of your mother, that in itself is so so difficult. Then, God Bless you guys for taking in that little creature and trying your best to help him, but for some reason it just wasn't meant to be, God needed a little Angel for some reason, I think it was for your mom, honestly, he is a part of you and so was she, and now she has him and is taking care of him and him her, I know that sounds "different" bit I truly believe it! And he is the segway to you down the line when you are ready opening your heart to another kitty in need, when you are ready of course.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so so sorry for your loss, but remember where he is now and whom he is with, they are both happy and looking down on you and watching over you, Lord Bless you for taking him in and I hope that you hearts heal a bit more each day.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry about Floof. What an adorable little angel :angel3:.
You provided, love, affection and a wonderful home, during his short life on earth, and I'm sure he thanks you for that.
I'm currently struggling with a recent loss of my own, so I understand the emptiness you feel. It does not matter how long you had him in your life when such a pure little heart touches your own.
I hope you find comfort knowing you did everything you could, that he found you because he knew that you would give him everything he needed and that you would do right by him.
I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts, in hopes that everyday gets a little better. :alright:

RIP Little Floof

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rita593

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh man, this is another tough one, a real heartbreaker......first I am sorry of the loss of your mother, that in itself is so so difficult. Then, God Bless you guys for taking in that little creature and trying your best to help him, but for some reason it just wasn't meant to be, God needed a little Angel for some reason, I think it was for your mom, honestly, he is a part of you and so was she, and now she has him and is taking care of him and him her, I know that sounds "different" bit I truly believe it! And he is the segway to you down the line when you are ready opening your heart to another kitty in need, when you are ready of course.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so so sorry for your loss, but remember where he is now and whom he is with, they are both happy and looking down on you and watching over you, Lord Bless you for taking him in and I hope that you hearts heal a bit more each day.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

I feel like in a way we failed him. But I told my boyfriend this. “My mom had cancer, she had an option once the chemo stopped working, pass on. Or continue to fight, we convinced her to keep trying even though doctors said there was nothing more to do but stretch her life out for a few more months. She could have passed peacefully. Instead she was in excruciating pain for the last month of her life. We were selfish. We should have never asked that of her. Just like we shouldn’t keep floof alive in constant excruciating pain. It’s not fair to him. We need to leave him go.” I keep telling myself we did the right thing. But I keep having what if’s. What if they would have caught the infection earlier. Was there something we did wrong. Could we have potentially saved him. I’m at a loss. The past year has been tough. I lost my mom, my uncle(on my moms side) within 2 months of each other. And my 3 year old niece was diagnosed with cancer 3 months later. Now this. It’s been a year. I keep hoping it will eventually get better.

Rita593

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry about Floof. What an adorable little angel :angel3:.
You provided, love, affection and a wonderful home, during his short life on earth, and I'm sure he thanks you for that.
I'm currently struggling with a recent loss of my own, so I understand the emptiness you feel. It does not matter how long you had him in your life when such a pure little heart touches your own.
I hope you find comfort knowing you did everything you could, that he found you because he knew that you would give him everything he needed and that you would do right by him.
I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts, in hopes that everyday gets a little better. :alright:

RIP Little Floof

I’ve had pets before. But this is the first pet that I’ve gotten so attatched to. He came into my life at the right time and helped me so much. He was my sweet baby. I keep doubting myself though and keep asking if I really did all I could do and if I made the right decision. I hope so. And I hope I made his short life a happy one at least.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
It is the grief that has a hold of you now and has for quite awhile, you are dealing with more bad issues and loss than 5 people put together should be, the weight on you is enormous as well as the stress which is understandable, you have been hit with so much badness it is wearing you down. I have found the herb Holy Basil to be very helpful as it allows us to adapt and deal with the stress and has no side effects like prescription drugs do.

You did all that you could for him and did the right thing albeit the tough choice of putting him down, it is always so so hard to have to "play God" because that is what we are doing at times, we are in charge of them and totally responsible for their well being and when we have to make the choice it can haunt us for awhile, but with time we come to be able to deal with it and look back at it differently.

Years ago Sassy one day somehow got injured and couldn't use her hind legs. We took her to the emergency vet center and they did an MRI as well as other tests and said that she had a herniated disc, didn't know how it happened but said if they operated they thought she had a 60% chance of walking again, so we did it. Months of therapy afterwards and having her in diapers and doing all that we could to help her she never walked again, we did all that we could but we realized that she wasn't going to get well and walk again so we decided to put her down, and she went very quickly and peacefully. Deb will carry to her grave the fact that we put her through that, feels horrible and says "I'll never do it again to a cat", but I look at it like we were given a 60% chance to walk again which is better than half, we HAD to do the therapy and all to see if it would work because I would've felt horrible IF we put her down and what if she would have walked again if we tried? So my point is it is very very difficult no matter which way we chose, we try our best but in the end we lose them, but if we keep their memory alive in our minds and hearts they are never really gone.

You did your best, you did the right thing, it just wasn't meant to be for whatever reason.....:(

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Floof. A beautiful little kitten suffering and in pain is not easy to go through, and your decision was not an easy one. You really did so much for him; my heart goes out to you! Sending many supportive thoughts and hugs to you on this new but sad day you are experiencing without your little Floof.
:vibes: :alright: :grouphug:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave him what he could never dream of.
A house, love, affection, the warmth of your heart, food, cuddles, care and the freedom from pain.
He wasn't asking you for more, you didn't give him less.
Floof was an angel sent to you from heaven, to help you in a sad moment of your life, to bring you a smile.
Now he's back to heaven. His next mission will be to bring happiness somewhere else.
Of course he brought you pain and tears as well, but left you with the awareness of you being able of huge commitments.
You're ready now to give help to another kitten in need.

RIP Floof :(

Rita593

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is the grief that has a hold of you now and has for quite awhile, you are dealing with more bad issues and loss than 5 people put together should be, the weight on you is enormous as well as the stress which is understandable, you have been hit with so much badness it is wearing you down. I have found the herb Holy Basil to be very helpful as it allows us to adapt and deal with the stress and has no side effects like prescription drugs do.

You did all that you could for him and did the right thing albeit the tough choice of putting him down, it is always so so hard to have to "play God" because that is what we are doing at times, we are in charge of them and totally responsible for their well being and when we have to make the choice it can haunt us for awhile, but with time we come to be able to deal with it and look back at it differently.

Years ago Sassy one day somehow got injured and couldn't use her hind legs. We took her to the emergency vet center and they did an MRI as well as other tests and said that she had a herniated disc, didn't know how it happened but said if they operated they thought she had a 60% chance of walking again, so we did it. Months of therapy afterwards and having her in diapers and doing all that we could to help her she never walked again, we did all that we could but we realized that she wasn't going to get well and walk again so we decided to put her down, and she went very quickly and peacefully. Deb will carry to her grave the fact that we put her through that, feels horrible and says "I'll never do it again to a cat", but I look at it like we were given a 60% chance to walk again which is better than half, we HAD to do the therapy and all to see if it would work because I would've felt horrible IF we put her down and what if she would have walked again if we tried? So my point is it is very very difficult no matter which way we chose, we try our best but in the end we lose them, but if we keep their memory alive in our minds and hearts they are never really gone.

You did your best, you did the right thing, it just wasn't meant to be for whatever reason.....:(

My boyfriend was fighting me on putting him down. He kept saying I was giving up and other things. If there would have been a 50% chance. Or even a 10% chance I would have tried everything. But the vets said there is almost no chance that he will survive. And if he did he most likely will never walk again. I couldn’t put him through that. It’s always a dilemma and it sucks so bad. I never wanted children. After floof I was so surprised at how much I loved him and I changed my mind. But I couldn’t even keep him alive for more then two months. I just feel like a failure.

Rita593

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You gave him what he could never dream of.
A house, love, affection, the warmth of your heart, food, cuddles, care and the freedom from pain.
He wasn't asking you for more, you didn't give him less.
Floof was an angel sent to you from heaven, to help you in a sad moment of your life, to bring you a smile.
Now he's back to heaven. His next mission will be to bring happiness somewhere else.
Of course he brought you pain and tears as well, but left you with the awareness of you being able of huge commitments.
You're ready now to give help to another kitten in need.

RIP Floof :(

Thank you so much. I love that. He really was an angel. ❤

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend was fighting me on putting him down. He kept saying I was giving up and other things. ... But the vets said there is almost no chance that he will survive. And if he did he most likely will never walk again. I couldn’t put him through that. It’s always a dilemma and it sucks so bad. I never wanted children. After floof I was so surprised at how much I loved him and I changed my mind. But I couldn’t even keep him alive for more then two months. I just feel like a failure.
Rita593 Rita593 , he was probably severely compromised in his health from the very beginning, and you are no failure with all the love and care and attempts to conquer his health and physical issues. You are not a failure at all. You were a shining point of love in his life, and did the best you could. We all have felt the remorse and guilt and "woulda, coulda, shoulda" feelings after we lose a beloved cat in hard circumstances. Floof is at peace now. You gave him that gift, he was very very sick and in pain.

Most vets are pretty experienced, and they know a lot through that experience. You had to go with your gut instincts and what the vets told you about Floof, and you chose to give him some peace. :redheartpump: :hugs:

Rita593

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rita593 Rita593 , he was probably severely compromised in his health from the very beginning, and you are no failure with all the love and care and attempts to conquer his health and physical issues. You are not a failure at all. You were a shining point of love in his life, and did the best you could. We all have felt the remorse and guilt and "woulda, coulda, shoulda" feelings after we lose a beloved cat in hard circumstances. Floof is at peace now. You gave him that gift, he was very very sick and in pain.

Most vets are pretty experienced, and they know a lot through that experience. You had to go with your gut instincts and what the vets told you about Floof, and you chose to give him some peace. :redheartpump: :hugs:
Thank you. And the coulda woulda shoulda will probably still keep going through my head. But I’m trying my best not to focus on that. It’s just hard sometimes. My boyfriend sent me pictures of some kittens that his friend has. She asked if we would want one. I broke down and started crying. It’s just to soon. We adopted two cats before we found Floof (they were mostly outdoor cats. By choice. They seemed to like running around better then being in the house) and the one been taking over Floofs snuggle responsibility. It’s not quite the same but it works for now.

Attachments

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise

Exactly this......

The grief is controlling you mentally and physically right now and it will for awhile, but try to remember that it IS the grief talking right now. You did what was in your heart and that can never be the wrong thing.....

Rita593

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I know it’s the grief and I hope that it lessens soon. I’m just in my feelings right now. I appreciate everyone taking time out of their day to give me words of encouragement. It means more then you will ever know.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. And the coulda woulda shoulda will probably still keep going through my head. But I’m trying my best not to focus on that. It’s just hard sometimes. My boyfriend sent me pictures of some kittens that his friend has. She asked if we would want one. I broke down and started crying. It’s just to soon. We adopted two cats before we found Floof (they were mostly outdoor cats. By choice. They seemed to like running around better then being in the house) and the one been taking over Floofs snuggle responsibility. It’s not quite the same but it works for now.
I think it is too soon, too, but that's just from my own experiences. Everyone is different and you should never succumb to pressure from others that goes against what you feel in your heart. If you are not ready for a new kitten or cat, that is okay. Some people get comfort turning towards new kittens or cats, saving new lives, right away, and that is fine for them. I know for me, it takes me some time to heal after I've lost a cat. No matter what short time you had with Floof, it's not the length of time spent that defines how much you can love a cat. These are the choices of a kind heart.

I recommend getting a very special journal and spend some time writing down all your memories of your time with Floof, both the good and bad, get them down on paper -- they are treasures for you to re-read in the future, even the difficult times you shared with Floof. When you get your feelings and memories out of you, it can leave room in your heart to process what you value, love, regret and have learned from.

I have several journals filled with kitty memories.

Floof will never be forgotten. :redheartpump:

Rita593

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it is too soon, too, but that's just from my own experiences. Everyone is different and you should never succumb to pressure from others that goes against what you feel in your heart. If you are not ready for a new kitten or cat, that is okay. Some people get comfort turning towards new kittens or cats, saving new lives, right away, and that is fine for them. I know for me, it takes me some time to heal after I've lost a cat. No matter what short time you had with Floof, it's not the length of time spent that defines how much you can love a cat. These are the choices of a kind heart.

I recommend getting a very special journal and spend some time writing down all your memories of your time with Floof, both the good and bad, get them down on paper -- they are treasures for you to re-read in the future, even the difficult times you shared with Floof. When you get your feelings and memories out of you, it can leave room in your heart to process what you value, love, regret and have learned from.

I have several journals filled with kitty memories.

Floof will never be forgotten. :redheartpump:

I told them it is definitely to soon for me. Everyone heals differently. I need my time to heal before putting love into a different fur baby. I treasure all the amazing moments and the smiles Floof put on my face. Like I always would tell him. He will forever be the goodest kitty. ❤

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I appreciate everyone taking time out of their day to give me words of encouragement. It means more then you will ever know.
Oh but we do know, that is why we are all here, we do know exactly what you are feeling and going through and want to help others by saying "we know and understand, it is going to eventually be alright, we are here to lean on".

:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

sarah c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rita you are an amazing, strong person and I hope your series of family illness is over soon. You gave him a great home and saved him from a scary fate on the streets. Every single happy thing that happened in his life is because of you and your boyfriend. Please don't feel like a failure, you can't ask more of yourself than you would of the most experienced vet around.