Resident Kitten not eating

mm1605

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello All,

I am really concerned about my 5 month old kitten, Ozzy. About a week ago, I adopted a 2nd kitten (2 month old named Ty). Ever since Ty came into the house, Ozzy has barely eaten his wet food. I started out by keeping them in separate rooms, but that didn't last long ( Ozzy pushed open the bedroom door one day and now they play all the time and are basically inseparable.) They seem to really like each other a lot, but Ty does tend to growl when Ozzy gets close to his food dish (as Ty is eating). Ozzy used to be a champion eater, but now he barely licks his wet food. I have tried everything- feeding at different times, putting food in separate rooms, feeding one cat high (on a chair or the table) and the other on the floor. Nothing is working. They both have vet appointments coming up next week, but thought I would reach out here for advice. 

Thank you all!

Megan 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Just seeing this thread.  How is it going with Ozzy--is he eating better yet?  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mm1605

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Betsygee,

Thanks for asking! He still isn't eating his wet food, but he has started eating more dry food. Why? I have no idea. But I am happy he is eating SOMETHING. Looking forward to their vet appts to make sure they are both growing properly.

Megan