Rescuing Kittens

TSR1956

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am in Columbia SC and I have been rescuing my neighbors feral cat for past five years. In one of my rescues one kitten slip out of my hand. She is now having kittens along with her mother. The county is not giving out cages anymore so you have to catch them yourself. All my rescues get spayed or neutered before adoption. I really need this mother and daughter to be caught and spayed. If anyone can help please advise, before the spring come with lots of kitten.

Last edited by a moderator:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would see if there is a professional trapper in your area. You could reach out to rescue groups in the area (that's how I did it when our local no kill animal shelter wouldn't help). Since you live in Columbia, you might be able to plead your case to the zoo. I bet they have cages for trapping all sizes of animals. If they can't loan or rent a cage, maybe they could offer some suggestions.

I have seen cages for trapping for sale on an online auction site that were not too expensive at the time I was looking.

I know someone else will come along with better suggestions. We were very fortunate that a local rescue loaned us a cage and even assisted with the spay and neuter costs. I think we only paid for one out of eleven, plus the cost for a sick kitten and for another whose ear became infected after they clipped it. I wish you the best and please keep us posted on how your rescue efforts go.

Bless you for rescuing.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi T TSR1956 and a warm welcome to the forum !

Many cat rescue groups 'fly under the radar'.

Try Googling exactly this: "cat rescue in Columbia SC".

I think you'll be surprised!

Hoping you'll let us know how it goes.