Rescuing 2 Week Old Kitten Who Is Now Losing Balance.

MrsR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I'm super green but about half a week ago we rescued an abandoned kitten found in a trash bag with its dead siblings. We had taking him to the vet the next day abd he had an eye infection but otherwise is okay. He was eating well and pooping and all that. Yesterday around noon I noticed he didn't wake up as easily for feedings and wasn't crying as much, but he was still eating and peeing and pooping the same. This morning he seems to have lost a lot of his balance. I know they're not stable at this age but yesterday he could upright himself from laying down and today he can't. He tries to walk but he holds his one front paw close to his face and won't move it down and even if he does have it down he falls to one side. It's like he's dizzy or something. We're taking him to the vet today but I just kind of wanted to know before hand because we're in a different country and the language here is a struggle so it would be better if I.can understand a bit more before I go. Please help. TIA

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’m not sure what could be causing this; it can be a lot of things. I’m glad to hear that you’ll be taking him to the vet. Please try to get him there as soon as you can.

I hope your kitten is on the mend soon. Please do keep us updated. I’ll keep your kitten in my thoughts and prayers.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be about anything, your kitten needs a vet to diagnose. It could be dehydration, is he drinking plenty? My heart goes out to you, I'll pray it can be resolved soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MrsR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your well wishes. Turns out I'm a worry wort and he's doing fine. They said it could be that his ears were opening up and maybe this was the balance thing because he was strong, or it was just normal development. He stopped tipping after a couple of bowel movements but still. Little fellow had me worried though. They said he was on the small side so they gave me a bottle to use because with the syringe I've been using there's no Latch and to try feeding every 2 hours instead of 3 to see if he catches up. Also I was worried I was getting milk in his lungs so I hope this will solve that problem. But either way they said he is healthy and that's a huge relief.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, thanks for saving that baby. How terrible to be in a trash bag with your death siblings. How in the world did you find him? Must have been meant to be.

I’m just so glad he is ok and in a loving home. I’m saying thank you because he can’t.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MrsR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Turns out he wasn't okay. He passed away last night. I'm pretty sure it was either a respiratory infection or fading kitten syndrome. He was in a lot of pain for a few hours with labored breathing. Everything went down hill very fast. It was very sad, but there weren't any open vets in our area, not that they could have done anything at that point. Glad he's not in pain anymore Goes to show though to trust those instincts.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry for you. But nothing happens by accident. You were put there at just the right time and place to provide a few days of love that the little guy never got in his short life.

Keep the faith