Rescued Pregnant Cat in Labor?

Ginnykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, yesterday I took in a very friendly tabby cat who is pregnant. I booked her an appointment with the vet however that’s two weeks out and before seeing her, I didn’t know just how pregnant she was. I fully plan on making this mommas permanent home and spaying her after however she’s pregnant now, in a new home and I think close to having babies. She is being extremely affectionate, doesn’t want me to leave her, which I haven’t my husband and I have been taking shifts staying with her, and today about 4 hours ago I noticed pink discharge around her vaginal area which she’s been cleaning frequently. She has a box in a secluded space that’s quiet, roomy and dark. She’s been pacing since then, only drank water and is just now touching the dry food I left her this morning. Is momma close to having her babies? If so what more can I do for her to make things as easy and stress free for her as I can and what should I watch for? If she’s not close to having them will she be soon? Also I’m very sorry, this is my first time posting here!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Welcome! The pink discharge and pacing indicate that she is likely in labor. This stage can last 24 hours, so expect kittens sometime tonight or tomorrow. Let us know how it goes and thank you for taking her in!

G Ginnykitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ginnykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! It’s a relief, I was worried for a minute. We’ve been keeping a steady eye on her and are very excited and also prepared for the babies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ginnykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any news or progress this morning?
Yes there is she has had two babies so far, one of which didn’t make it. We tried to help it as soon as we noticed but unfortunately we couldn’t do much. She had a pretty big belly though, is it possible for her to have more babies in her belly?
baby number is healthy and eating and all clean by the way!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sorry she lost one, but good to hear the other is doing well. She may have more. They can be born hours or even days apart. If she has more, she will have them when the kitten(s) and her body are ready. 😊