rescued (mother) cat mouth problems

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found a house cat, most likely dumped, she has 2 (maybe around 4 weeks?) kittens. She was meowing all night in the streets so I knew something was wrong and went to look for her in the morning. She was so sweet, and would brush up against me. Her meow is raspy and her fur was wasnt in good shape. I dematted and bathed her at home. I noticed her mouth was all swollen so i took her to the vet. He gave her an injection and didnt tell me what was wrong. He said she would need 2 antibiotics. its been a few weeks since then with no signs of improvement and the vet says shes alright? (I think i need to look for another vet) Shes eating just fine, no signs of pain or discomfort.
Shes also quite thin (To fix that, im giving her hard boiled eggs, high calorie kitten food and kmr.) Can i give her salmon oil or cooked small fatty fish like sardines considering her gums?

-
Is trixie toothpaste okay to use on cats or worth getting? How do i pick a decent toothpaste? i can get nutri vet enzymatic toothpaste but its made for dogs.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get a liquid additive to put in the water and have had good luck, it is called Oratene. brushing may irritate the area right now. I wonder if those areas you show are from an injury or stomatitis. It could be from allergies, but from them being on the same side and the tear, it could be an injury. ? You might call your vet and ask to get some further answers, like what did HE think it was, or like you said, take her to another vet. Did she take the full course of the antibiotics? Do the areas look improved at all? I would try to get her more healthy with the kitten food, I wouldn't think the fish would hurt her at all. It may improve her health, You might get some DMG to get her immune system in better shape. If she is eating fine, drinking, and using the litter box, that is good, when they stop doing that and start hiding, they are sick or in pain. bless you for helping her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get a liquid additive to put in the water and have had good luck, it is called Oratene. brushing may irritate the area right now. I wonder if those areas you show are from an injury or stomatitis. It could be from allergies, but from them being on the same side and the tear, it could be an injury. ? You might call your vet and ask to get some further answers, like what did HE think it was, or like you said, take her to another vet. Did she take the full course of the antibiotics? Do the areas look improved at all? I would try to get her more healthy with the kitten food, I wouldn't think the fish would hurt her at all. It may improve her health, You might get some DMG to get her immune system in better shape. If she is eating fine, drinking, and using the litter box, that is good, when they stop doing that and start hiding, they are sick or in pain. bless you for helping her!
they are on the both sides, he just told me it was normal. I asked what the name of the condition was and he said a flare up. I thought about brushing her teeth incase the plaque is the cause or to avoid infection, i will try Oratene though. thanks. She took all her antibiotics, the area is the same. Shes already on gimcat immune support and i also give her probiotics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can get daktarin oral gel for the gum inflammation, would that be okay to use once a day? its made for humans but I read on vetinfo.com that its safe for cats.