Rescued Kitten!

Ssum1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! My mom and sister rescued a very small black kitten Thursday night from the middle of a highway. We brought her home and began feeding her milk replacer because she was obviously still very young. We took her to the vet this morning because her legs seemed to be splayed out. The vet told her she has swimmers syndrome which is what we expected. They showed us how to tape her legs and said she had a mild case that should be reversible! I am very glad to hear this news but I was looking for some help on other questions. They said she is four weeks old and we can start the transition to wet food. How do you go about this? We are still feeding her milk now because she is underweight. We have one other cat as well who is a year old. What would be the best way to introduce the two? She has already seen the new kitten a few times due to us having to feed her in our kitchen. She hissed at her one time but the other times she has basically ignored her. So sorry for the long post but I knew someone here would be able to help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ssum1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the articles! I see you are a fan of black cats and when I learn how to upload a picture I will add one! She is a fully black kitten and is adorable! I’m having a issue with getting the kitten to realize she can eat with having the milk so hopefully mixing the milk and wet food together will help!