Rescued feral kitten, something wild?

turkishvanmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I rescued 2 litters of kittens and kept one. Her forehead always looked fuzzy and larger than the rest but she only had 1 sibling from her litter and her brother looked different. She is now 14 weeks and her tail has been unusually long since 8 weeks and is getting longer. If she didn't curl it up while she walked it would drag. It's also puffy fur, she has ear tuffs, wide feet, and wide forearms/shoulders with very distinct ribbing.

She has tabby stripes and a very pale mouth with pale "eyeliner" around her eyes. She us overall shaggy grey and tan tabby with a spotted belly. She jumps crazy high for how small she is and has a very wild side to her although being domesticated at 4 weeks. Almost a wild cat look in her face a lot. She loves biting even to show affection, a habit we gave been working on very hard to break. Anyone have any clues? I'm suspecting her dad may have been a hybrid cat.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh what a beautiful girl :rbheart:

Her color and pattern is a brown mackerel tabby :D

I think the breed she most resembles is probably a maine coon. ;) See my boy in my avatar pic - he's a brown classic tabby and white maine coon, she looks very similar to him.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with GemsGem.  Also, now its summer.  When winter season comes, she will get more fur, and probably, will get  the MCO-ish mane around her shoulders and neck...

You got a natural  Maine Coon.  Therefore not said she is necessarily a descendent from a pure breed Maine Coon, but sooner, one of those from which Maine Coons become purebred from...   :)

A prettie!    What used my mom to say:  "Oj oj, I cant stand it any more!   Please, draw me somebody in my arm, please, draw somebody in my leg!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

turkishvanmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the responses :). Maine coone was a part of my suspect list lol. I will say I've never seen a kitten with a tail as long as their body. I live in northeastern U.S. so I suppose it could be possible since I hear they are a natural breed here? Such a mystery kitten! :)
She def has me stumped because her features are looking wilder as she gets bigger.

Last edited: