Rescued Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"I know, it is really sad that he was abandoned at this age - see... one more reason why I like cats better than people. Bless you for giving him a loving home" !

Animals give people "unconditional Love" Where do you find this within people today?

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welp.......Mugsy my new stray went back to the vet today. Somehow he got a 1 inch long cut in his neck. The cut was deep and was down to the muscle
I am clueless to what might of happened to him. I took Mugsy to my vet and he "stapled" the bad cut after disinfecting it. Mugsy's has hardly eaten or drank any water the first few days. the vet and I decided that his teeth are badly infected. My awesome vet prescribed Clindamycin for both the bad teeth....plus the nasty cut on his neck. He also gave me some iodine to put on the cut. My vet only charged me for the Clindamycin while stapling the poor cats neck for no charge. Mugsy will need his teeth cleaned and possible extractions within the next week. The cat maybe 14 plus years old and I will do my very best to get him back to good health. This cat was sent to me for a reason from either God or Lita because it is a special needs kitty. Mugsy is very affectionate and will lay with me all day if you let him
My 4 Ragdolls have already excepted him
Please wish me luck that everything works out well for all of us

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mugsy is fighting me bad to take his medication....
....I love this new stray cat
I hope that everything will work out for us down the road

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Mugsy! No idea how he got hurt, huh? Not likely from one of your other cats, so maybe he fell on something.

for Mugsy to get feeling better quickly.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Poor Mugsy! No idea how he got hurt, huh? Not likely from one of your other cats, so maybe he fell on something.

for Mugsy to get feeling better quickly.
Mugsy has been an angel..
......he is either in the cage or free to roam
for 2 hours or less. I will get this older cat up and happy
Mugsy and my own vet will combine to make everything happy and painless for the animal

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

How is Mugsy today? I am so happy you adopted this old fellow and he is working out well. Please keep us updated.
Mugsy is getting better everyday. He can eat a whole 5 once can of food in one sitting now. His teeth are infected bad but are getting better with the antibiotic that he has been getting
Mugsy has another week to go with the medication. He absolutely hates the taste of the medicine and fights me like crazy
He has been more active and is sleeping less the last 2 days so that is a good thing

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Slave2_Ragdolls

Mugsy is getting better everyday. He can eat a whole 5 once can of food in one sitting now. His teeth are infected bad but are getting better with the antibiotic that he has been getting
Mugsy has another week to go with the medication. He absolutely hates the taste of the medicine and fights me like crazy
He has been more active and is sleeping less the last 2 days so that is a good thing
Try mixing the medicine to his wet food - mix it to 1/2 can, to make sure he eats the whole thing... It worked with Bugsy (for the same medicine).

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Try mixing the medicine to his wet food - mix it to 1/2 can, to make sure he eats the whole thing... It worked with Bugsy (for the same medicine).
Thanks for your advice......I put the medication in Mugsy's food and he gobbled it down unknowingly
Much less stress for both of us

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today poor Mugsy went in for a dental. His teeth were so infected and rotted.....my vet had to extract 8 teeth from his mouth
The bill with all the medications and labor was $450 bucks
The vet knows that I am short on money and knocked off $210 off of the total. My vet is an angel from heaven
The first thing the vet said to me when I walked into his office to pick up Mugsy was "Thank you for giving this cat a home"....
.... I paid the bill......thanked the vet and brought poor Mugsy home. I feel sorry for him as I have no clue what it would be like to lose 8 teeth all at once
I put out a 1/2 can of food and he gobbled it up surprisingly
I could use some good vibes for him to fully recover as he is an older kitty.