Rescued Cat, Help?

Newbie2333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So long story short my neighbour moved and left her cat, I have decided to take it in as she is so lovely. Now I’ve had her a few weeks and noticed she may be pregnant, I’ve had a pregnant cat in the past but years ago. Cannot feel any movement as of yet. Her nipples are pinker and She is losing hair around them.

For the last 2 days she has decided to pee on my bed. I bought a new mattress yesterday and today she has done it again ( thank god for mattress protectors )

Is this related to her being pregnant?

Any advice would be appreciated

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Is there any way that you can get her in to a vet? The peeing could be anything, it's very difficult to know. Hang in there!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
If she hasn’t been spayed, and has been outside, she is most likely pregnant. This article lists some signs to look for: How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant?

The inappropriate urination could be unrelated, though. It would be best to check with a vet, in case it’s a UTI or something.

Litterbox Problems? Here's Why You Should Call Your Vet

When Physical Problems Turn Into Behavior Problems

Your vet will also be able to confirm for you if she is pregnant. And just as an FYI, if she does turn out to be pregnant, it is still possible to spay her, but the pregnancy will be terminated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Newbie2333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long did you know her when she lived with your neighbor? Can you get in touch with them to ask if she's spayed?
They only lived there for a few months brought cat with them I believe. I contacted and found out she is not neutered

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, well, then yes, she's pregnant. The peeing may be related to that---babies pushing on her bladder, hormone changes, etc. Make sure she has enough litterboxes so she doesn't have to go too far to find one.

Start her on kitten food if you haven't already. It has more nutrients to help the babies grow.

Gizmoandsooz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you haven’t done so ask the neighbours who own her to take her to the vet just to see if she is pregnant.
The urination might be the cat marking her territory from being in heat.
If the cat is friendly enough after having the kittens talk to the neighbours about getting her desexed.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can still spay her so that she doesn't have the kittens. Most vets are fine with that.