rescued "blue" kitten under house in mexico-doesnt look like my other grey kitty

missmolly86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

She was only 1 pound when I found her all alone under a house. She has filled out a little now bit still has a slight build. Eyes are yellowish/greenish really long tail. She is sooo soft. The vet labeled her a blue breed of some sort on her medical papers. Her coat is almost silvery blue. I have another grey kitty and you can tell her coat is different. Her paws are silver and so is right around her mouth. I joke and say she looks like an old man. Could she be a Korat mix of some kind?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She was only 1 pound when I found her all alone under a house. She has filled out a little now bit still has a slight build. Eyes are yellowish/greenish really long tail. She is sooo soft. The vet labeled her a blue breed of some sort on her medical papers. Her coat is almost silvery blue. I have another grey kitty and you can tell her coat is different. Her paws are silver and so is right around her mouth. I joke and say she looks like an old man. Could she be a Korat mix of some kind?
I would say, sooner a russian blue mix of some kind, with this somewhat prolonged muzzle.   Although I would love to have more good pics before I tell anything.  To be frank, here ist just the pic nr 3 where I do see.

A Blue breed of some sort, we here on this forum are calling for Maltese cat...   There is a lenghy tread on them somewhere in the Lounge Pic section...

A very nice story you got here, where both you and this kitten draw the win in the lottery of life...   Congrats!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Heres another pic
Yeah, a nice Russian blue look alike.   With clearly green eyes I would perhaps dare to say more.   But as it is, it must be the label of rb look alike Maltese cat.

Congrats once again!

And tx a lot!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missmolly86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At first my husband was a little irritated about the new addition since we have two already but now he loves her too :) This is such a fun website for people who love cats. Here is one of my other kitties also a rescue. Hes some kind of DSH with pretty green eyes

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its difficult to say much from just ONE photo, but he does have a somewhat russian expression about him.  The russian blue males of the scandinavian type  SHALL look a little mean, almost cruel   I think its a fold at their eyebrow, because they are renown t obe mild and friendly, both to their humans and to their wifes.

The scandinavian type is also somewhat darker than the american type, although they too should have the silvery shimmer in their fur.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
to continue re your other blue:  I see the  tabby M on his body.  Does he has visible stripes on him?  Ie is he a tabby loud and clear, or can this M still be counted as a sort of ghost stripes?

Im a little baffled.   A real tabby should be visible, loud and clear, because tabby is a very dominant gene.

In russian blue, and probably in other blue cats, its not unusual with some ghost stripes, visible in some light conditions.   In adult RB its counted as a fault.

And I have never seen the M on a RB....

Now,  the pedigreed RB doenst carry the tabby gene per definition.  EVEN if somebody would invent a recessive tabby gene...

But with a random domestic look alike, there is no quarantee he is purebred...  And thus, may carry the tabby gene, be a blue tabby.

But as said, the tabby gene always does manifest itself.  Its only i long haired, and some tortoiseshells, its sometimes not very clerarly visible, by natural reasons.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missmolly86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Heres more pics of the boy. He has faint stripes on legs and tail. I adopted him with his "sister " supposedly but they dont look alike.I noticed an M too on his forhead. Sister is a ticked tabby. Behavior wise he isnt afraid of car rides, when I first got him he had silent meow, now he has regular ones and this pigeon cooing noise.