Rescued a little baby yesterday

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mamacat

I'm just wondering--when is this little dollface going to get a name? He is so lovely, I just want to kiss his little nose.
I'm sorry....I thought I posted his name earlier in the thread. It's Chewie.....staying with the Star Wars theme.
My daughter's fiance wanted to name him that.

But for now.....we all still him "baby."

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if the finance will regret it when Chewie learns the 'bed mice' game...

Guess who's chewie now?

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful story! This thread has just made me so happy! You as such a kind, loving and caring woman, thank you for saving this little guy. For a rough start to life, you've certainly made it up to him now! Congrats!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's so awesome that not only does your boyfriend understand why you would spend so much money on a feral kitten, but he helps justify it so beautifully

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The little rescue baby (Chewie) is doing beautifully! He is quickly becoming quite the love bug. He has now figured out that life is good and hugs and kisses are even better. I went over to Jamie's today to see the boys, (Yoda and Chewie) and try to get some more pictures. I was just amazed at how well he's doing. He didn't run and hide and as soon as I began petting him, he turned on his motor full blast. He has come so far in just a couple weeks.

The abrasions on his mouth are all healed up and the hair is growing back.

Oh and this is Yoda's scarf that they are laying on. It used to be Jamie's, but Yoda likes it so much, that he drags it all over the house and sleeps on it.

Since both of them are black, it's really hard to get a good picture of them cuddling. But if you look close, you can see Chewie on the left and Yoda on the right.

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WELL I AM SO TAKEN ABACK. WHAT BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS. You should go into photography. You have to enter some of those photographs into a contest because they are absolutely beautiful. I am just so amazed at how they come from two different worlds and look so much alike. God Bless you and I know He smiles upon you for all that you have done for such a small soul in this world. You are such a kind and loving person and it shows because you still even visit him and care for him. That is one cat in this world with a better future because of you. I have to send hugs your way
It is truly a special thing that you have done.
His eyes are clear and healthy, you can tell he has fattened up greatly. WOW he has such a bright future because you can't see any signs of a scratch was ever on him.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update!

Those pics are wonderful, really beautifully done - I really like the two cuddling together - if you know what you are looking for you can see them both and it's so sweet.

psy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful baby, you are so wonderful for having saved him. Im happy there are people like you out there looking out for kitties like him. Hes growing up beautifully

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Robin, he's so gorgeous!
Just look at how far he's come in such a brief period, all due to your loving care, bless you. Chewie must be the most fortunate kitty ever to not only have survived his frightening ordeal, but to be in exactly the right spot at the precise moment your lives crossed. Yoda and Chewie make such a perfect pair! This little boy was absolutely meant to be!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Wow, Robin, he's so gorgeous!
Just look at how far he's come in such a brief period, all due to your loving care, bless you. Chewie must be the most fortunate kitty ever to not only have survived his frightening ordeal, but to be in exactly the right spot at the precise moment your lives crossed. Yoda and Chewie make such a perfect pair! This little boy was absolutely meant to be!
I know, right?

Clearly the Force was with them all that day.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great pictures and update Robin!
Chewie and Yoda are both lucky boys. Yoda was given a lifelong brother and friend, and Chewie was given his life.

Does it get any better than that?

teri9672

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow, your baby looks just like my female Topanga.
Hubby found her at about 5 weeks old in the engine compartment of a car at his business. She was only about 1 lb when we brought her home. She is also settling down and is much more comfortable with us. She's now about 4 months.

Here's Topanga when we brought her home

now her and my dog Teona are best buds

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Great pictures and update Robin!
Chewie and Yoda are both lucky boys. Yoda was given a lifelong brother and friend, and Chewie was given his life.

Does it get any better than that?
Yeah and these two (as you can see from the pictures) are pretty much always together. It was "brotherly love" at first site and if you didn't know better, you'd swear they were "real" brothers.

A funny story.......a few days ago when I was at Jamie's house and I fed them, so they were both eating. But Yoda is bigger and more of a pig, so he figured if he ate his really fast, he could steal a bit of Chewie's food too. So Yoda gulped all his food down and went over to Chewie's bowl and stuck his nose in.......and Chewie growled at him! Yoda did the back step and never has tried to steal Chewie's food since then.
Now that those boundaries have been set.....all is good.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyKook

Oh I can't keep him....I have 5 already. It seems that strays and down-on-their-luck kitties always manage to find their way into my life.
I just gave another kitten to a friend of mine at work not too long ago....another rescue baby who was only about 8 weeks old when I found her.

But this little guy scared me so bad! I kept thinking "what if I hadn't come along".....that baby wouldn't be here today. I thought I would have nightmares about it last night.
Ahhhh comeon now
I have 8 what's one more
Bless you for stopping and getting him, I am the kind of person that wishes they couldn't get in the street it brakes my Heart. I sure hope he's ok, and as far as ferals go 6 of mine were just that and I have to say they are without any doubt the sweetest cats I have ever ever had, I Love them so Dearly, I have seen so many that I don't even want to think about what happened to them, I saw one trying to get across one of the busy freeways one day, and I just wanted to slam on my brakes, I just screamed at the top of my lungs to nyself, I don't know if it made it or not. I know we can't save them all but it's still so heart braking.. Good Luck with that baby and Thank you for getting him
Just think you could name him KookyKitty...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyKook

Yeah and these two (as you can see from the pictures) are pretty much always together. It was "brotherly love" at first site and if you didn't know better, you'd swear they were "real" brothers.

A funny story.......a few days ago when I was at Jamie's house and I fed them, so they were both eating. But Yoda is bigger and more of a pig, so he figured if he ate his really fast, he could steal a bit of Chewie's food too. So Yoda gulped all his food down and went over to Chewie's bowl and stuck his nose in.......and Chewie growled at him! Yoda did the back step and never has tried to steal Chewie's food since then.
Now that those boundaries have been set.....all is good.
Brotherly love is a wonderful thing, but it apparently stops when someone sticks their big fat nose in your food dish!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Brotherly love is a wonderful thing, but it apparently stops when someone sticks their big fat nose in your food dish!
Jerry agrees...he always says, you can mess with my wife, but not my food!