Rescue Queen #1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww thank you! I just hope the pictures of the babies will upload! I have been having such trouble. It is hard to wait, I hate it and love it....then hate it some more :) Do you have pictures of your queen up?

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh she's a Lamb! I love her fur, it looks so cushy like a bunny! She is so big, just like mine lol Come on babies!!!!

gussy14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been following your thread - come ON Duchess, have those babies already!!

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know!! I may have messed up her dates, but that is no excuse for loosing her plug over a week ago and all the other labor signs she has tricked me with! Even she seems to be waiting now. No more sleeping day in an day out. She just sits in a crouch position and looks at me like its my fault lol. She isn't sleeping much at night either, always jumping on me or my little one. Well no matter how off her signs were, she HAS to have them by the 19th or she is in for a c-section/spay. I'd rather it be a well check up for mom an kittens :) Vet told me to try to get her to run after toys. Come on labor!!! I want my babies :D

kris78

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's good for them to keep playing while pregnant? My cat Fluffers loves to chase a ping pong ball but I didn't know if I should stop doing that with her now that she's about 7 weeks.

And I really can't believe that Duchess hasn't had her kittens yet. I was sure she was going to have them early March...Way off!!

Last edited:

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was wayyyy off to :) but I went by all her symptoms. I have been wrong by a few days lots of times, but two freaking weeks!!! And the vet said playing is really good for pregnant cats. Mine are isolated in their own rooms so it helps with weight, depression and help get labor going. If they are not ready, it won't induce it, and it won't hurt the kittens to just run after something. I don't have her jumping off of beds or anything.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Duchess has not been acting like she will ever go into labor all day. Now that its bed time, of course, she is attention seeking even from my 3 year old, eating like every 10 minutes-only a bite or two, and now for the first time scratching around in her nest! Why, oh why do they always choose bed time to start acting like this! Well here's for hoping!

amyhow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nala got VERY needy the night before and morning of her labor. She didn't want me to leave the room and would tug at my pant leg to come back in. Then this morning (er, yesterday now I guess) she was crying at the door for me at 8am. 5 minutes later she had the first kitten.

I say needy and attention-seeking is a GREAT sign!! But morning would be better, lol!!

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, Duchess isn't being that needy yet. But is more so then usual. Of course this morning she is just sleeping in her nest like nothing lol! Guess ill start nesting, clean the house like a mad women for a distraction :D

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish I could put pictures up, it so sad that its not working :( Duchess looks so funny now she has baby's crowding her spine, under her ribs, between her legs lol. Her back legs look very, VERY short cuz the belly is so big. She almost can't walk. I feel so bad for her but can't help laughing at her lugging herself around!! She still tries to play and is eating. But I'm starting to wonder how many freaking kittens are in there lol From under her ribs to her bum, from one side of her spine all the way around to the other side of her spine.....nothing but babies!!! Maybe its only 5 or 6 and they are large kittens. That's not the way it feels tho!!! Does anyone know of labor inducing tricks for cats??? C-sections cost a lot!! And kittens may have to be hand reared. And that's times two for me! I work alone so this is all out of pocket! With 7 kids and being a single parent...well this could take a huge chunk out of savings and a long long few weeks trying to keep kittens fed an warm lol so if anyone knows of any tricks to getting labor going, please help me an my over due mommas!!!!

kris78

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have any more ideas on how many days pregnant she might be now?

Did I understand your message right: you're a single mum with 7 children and you're fostering 2 pregnant cats? Wow, you're a miracle worker. Surely there must me some sort of award you should win!

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol yes 7 kids. This is nothing, last year I had 9 queens all together. 5 in the spring and 4 in Aug. It was a mad house. That is why I'm noticing so much that I missed last year cuz I was just too busy to notice. I also home school my youngest 3. The best guess on both cats is 63 to 67 days. They are sleeping like the dead for two days now. I can do almost anything to them and all I get is a tail swish.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wish there was new news on Duchess, but there isn't :( she is more awake today that's about it...not very exciting.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I wish I knew! I was told when I got her she had mated for sure on Jan. 9th. But this women I don't think new her head from her bum. She had kept all Duchess's kittens from her last 4 litters in a two bedroom apartment. I'm guessing 65 days or there about. Kittens have been moving for at least 3 weeks. I took her temp. Today in the arm pit and it was 99.4 if you have to add a degree (?) That puts her at 100 so probably no labor tonight. She is nesting but really who cares she has been doing that sense I got her. She has milk in all 9 of her nipples, yes 9! Her plug has been gone so she is on antibiotics to fend off infection. I just don't know anymore lol!!