Rescue kitten with diarrhoea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Asha's doing well. No more diarrhoea or other gastrointestinal issues :) (well, the royal canin GI sent her constipated, but mixing in a little canned pumpkin - finally found it in the US food section of the supermarket - sorted that out). The vet's pleased with how she is generally...her damaged paw is totally healed and all the furs come back (there were concerns that it wouldn't totally recover, but it has), the lumps at the top of her leg have gone too, and the fur is growing back on her shaved leg too. There are still slight concerns about a possible (small) pregnancy. That should become clear one way or the other in the next week. I've almost entirely had male cats up til now, so this is very new to me. Really hope she's not pregnant. The vets won't consider spaying for at least 2-3 weeks, purely because they want Asha stable at a healthy weight before operating. If she is pregnant,she must be over 3 weeks gone just from the time I've had her. I'm keeping an eye on her nipples and general shape. That's all I can do for now.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just realised I talked about Asha being in the early stages of heat before. That seemed to be a false alarm...possibly catnip induced :rolleyes: I've never dealt with an unspayed female before, and it's hard anyway to know what's 'normal' for an animal after knowing them for 3 weeks!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad the gastro issues are all better.  I hope she isn't pregnant.  Hopefully she can be spayed sooner than later.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope she can get spayed soon too. The vet just wants to be sure she's able to withstand surgery (as do I). I'm hoping not to have any little 'surprises' from her. If she doesn't show this week then I'll be fairly sure she's in the clear :cross: