Requesting Prayers...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
An ultrasound revealed nothing abnormal, which means that I can't blame another problem for Savannah's symptoms. The vet who did the ultrasound (a colleague of my cats' usual vet) said that FIP looks to be the cause. He gave me the option of giving her prednisone for a period of time to see if there's improvement. He said that in 5% of the cases of FIP he's observed, the cats (even those as young as Savannah) have recovered from it. Somehow, the steroid can help bolster the immune system; if it takes over properly, it apparently can overcome the fatal aspect of FIP (perhaps rendering the mutated virus gone but still leaving the virus itself behind).

It's heartbreaking to watch her sleep all the time, rather than to be spritely and even mega-active, as I briefly knew her to be. I've been able to get her to eat some of the special, high-calorie canned food the vet provided, but, tonight, she took one taste then walked away. I'm terrified and sad as hell... This is heartwrenching and mindbending, I tell you.

Thank you for all of your prayers.