Requesting pics of your black cats

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,

For those of you who own a black cat, I'd love to see a pic! I'm sort of wavering back and forth deciding whether to adopt this one black cat I saw at a foster home. She's 5 mo. old and has the deepest amber brown eyes I've ever seen in a cat.

-Lemur 6

enigma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this is a picture of my mystique and one of her kittens in the background.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, Tipsy looks downright sexy. I love the yellow eyes. And she has a "full head of hair"! (you know how a lot of cats have those bald patches in front of their ears?)

Is it common for black cats to have a couple white hairs here and there?

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awwww Tipsy did you hear what she said? you look downright sexy hehehe YAY!!!
he is a he though (just so you know
) I didnt let Tipsy read that bit though

yes I believe it is extremley common to have white hairs throughout - we call it Tipsy's greying 'mature' streak
and I have seen it on many black cats - especially on their chest where Tipsy's is

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my 3:
Spyder:

Stormy:

And Winnie:

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here- I LOVE black cats! Here are 2 pics of my 2 black boys..

Buddy

Spikey

Boys together!

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, everyone's cats are so pretty. So is it rare for black cats to have dark amber brown eyes? Seems like most of them have green or yellow eyes, and I seem to get just sucked into the ones that have yellow eyes (almost hypnotic).

Haha, this is so fun getting to see everyone's black cats.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

For those of you who own a black cat, I'd love to see a pic! I'm sort of wavering back and forth deciding whether to adopt this one black cat I saw at a foster home. She's 5 mo. old and has the deepest amber brown eyes I've ever seen in a cat.
so have we helped to convince you that this black kitty at the foster home needs a home with you

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like black cats...
Now where did you say this cat was?? (Talon furiously writing address and directions)

... and just in case you are so new that you don't know me - I loooooove black cats - have 4 of them myself - I was just joshing ya!

I really do love them - they are so misunderstood - just be carefull with them around Halloween and Friday the 13th's.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

so have we helped to convince you that this black kitty at the foster home needs a home with you
Oh yes, haha, I've always wanted a black cat but they're soo hard to find for adoption. Problem is all the other kittens there are so nice too, never seen a more rambunctious and playful bunch. One kitten, an all white one with green/grey eyes fell asleep on my lap after a while of rough play.

Originally Posted by Talon

I don't like black cats... Now where did you say this cat was?? (Talon furiously writing address and directions)

... and just in case you are so new that you don't know me - I loooooove black cats - have 4 of them myself - I was just joshing ya!

I really do love them - they are so misunderstood - just be carefull with them around Halloween and Friday the 13th's.
Haha, are YOU the one going around taking all the black cats? No wonder I'm having such a hard time finding one. Really? Black cats are misunderstood? People love black cats in England, and they're considered a sign of good fortune.

kisakitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That kitty you're describing sounds alot like Kisa. She has brown eyes, her paws are chocolate in color & she's such a doll...well, let her picture speak for it's self!

Cheers!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(BTW a solid black cat doesn't have any white patches. If they do they aren't a black cat)

My beautiful Black male, Benja-

One of last seasons kittens, Lights Out (Benjas daughter)

She looks scruffy in these two