Reoccurring scab, inside of nostril is raw and red?

Nicolet33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My recently adopted black cat seems to have this discharge / scab only on one nostril that doesn’t go away. A few weeks ago it got so bad it would block her entire nostril on that side, so she’d huff or scratch at it until it was out. I then started looking up there with a flashlight to see if I can see anything and it’s bright red (pictures attached from a few weeks ago). The vet said she hadn’t seen it before, dismissed my concerns and photos of the red nasal passage, and told me to put cream on it so instead of scabbing up and being ripped off over and over it could heal better. I’ve been doing Vaseline which has seemed to help with the scabbing, but it’s still kind of red up there. Has anyone seen this? I’m concerned it’s something more serious like a tumor. It just looks precarious.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are a number of things the vet could have suggested to do rather than dismissing it, especially since this issue recurring. The redness and scabbing might be resolved if the discharge is addressed.

It is never easy to just go and find another vet, but I tend to agree that is what you need to do. Ask friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors who they would recommend. The Next Door Neighbor web site is a good place to ask, especially if you don't know a lot of your neighbors to ask directly.