Relationship...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From all your descriptions of her I see many red flags. There is a reason as you said she is the black sheep of the family. I do not think she is entirely stable.
I would end this relationship the sooner the better. I think it is probably a good thing that you live far away from each other so you won't run into her after ending the relationship.

From your description she seems a bit scary and creepy.

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This sounds like the classic description of a co-dependent relationship. Putting an unhealthy relationship above other important things in your life--like your sick parents, and her getting hysterical because you want to leave and stay in a hotel, plus making you go to her work and choir practices? That's not normal, it sounds a little obsessive.

I think you're waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear. From what you've told us, this seems like a very unhealthy relationship. Of course you can do what you want--hopefully this will be a learning experience for you...

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm sorry, but after reading both threads, i find all of this very immature and very fishy. I find some of the details you've given hard to believe.
I Agree......

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs serious mental help, from qualified professionals, for a long amount of time. Your not going to help or change her. Sorry, I know this is news to you.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

She needs serious mental help, from qualified professionals, for a long amount of time. Your not going to help or change her. Sorry, I know this is news to you.
actually, it shouldn't be - news, that is. this is pretty much what everyone's said...

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

actually, it shouldn't be - news, that is. this is pretty much what everyone's said...
I've kept up. However, that doesn't change the fact everytime he hears this it is news to him I feel. I think he is honestly confused. It might not hurt for him to get some help too, but not with her around. Individual help, and dump her for good.
Hopefully if so many individuals think the same thing, the news will sink in! It seems to obvious to me, but he is missing not only the picture, but the galaxy that picture is in.

Once again to pro18. Dump her, walk away and break off contact, talk to a professional in mental health to bounce off your thoughts and how you are feeling. This will be a step forward in the right direction, one you can feel is the right thing. You know what you are doing right now is wrong, you feel it all over. (and over, and over, and over, etc.)

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with the others here...this relationship really isn't meant to be, and with it being long-distance, well, that says it all!

In my opinion, she seems to be a bit of a fruit loop, and she needs professional help..staying in this relationship will not benefit you, as you will realise one day (sooner rather than later) that it just won't work. You both have issues that need to be resolved, and I think the only way you will both do that properly, is by breaking up. Maybe after that, a weight will disappear from your shoulders?

Please, we are trying to help you out here, and we all seem to be thinking the same...forget about her and move on honey! It's for the best!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hon, you are not responsible for her happiness. I know how hard online relationships can be, and you can't be there to help her when it gets bad. But....she was an adult when you came into this. She will manage when you leave. You are giving and giving and not getting anything in return. It is a relief when you finally break it off. Her happiness is up to her, not you.

And you are obviously not happy when you are with her, for the most part. I'm only saying this because it took me a few months to break off an internet relationship because he was just too needy or demanding over the phone. I felt like I had to "save" him somehow. Like I was the only lifeline he had, and that wasn't healthy. I COULDN'T save him...the only one to save him was himself. We tried to live off the first meeting which lasted 5 days (sounds a lot like yours) but I just didn't have what he needed, and he wasn't giving anything in return.

I don't even know if you are still checking this tread, but please realize that some people have been in your position and it isn't good. You need to end it, and move on.